Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: el sound

Hi all.

I'm a bit of a newb to the saber scene but me and my mates have been tinckering and duelling with EL for about a year and a half now. Was thinking of finally making my saber except with metal and sound instead of cardboard and a very convincing humming sound effect provided by my mate John. Was wondering what is the best way of hooking up a double bladed el with sound, I was thinking maybe just treat it as two one bladed sabers and put the gear in the staff hilt, but maybe there is a better way? I dunno, but from the wealth of knowledge I seen so far wouldn't be shocked if someone here did. But I would be very Grateful.

Any help would be much appreciated (and a drawing would be gratelly appreciated cos i'm thick lol)
    Thanks
    Jedi Padawan Adam

Two sink tubes with the double saber connector and all the trimmings will get you the best results unless you want to make a MHS saberstaff. It really depends on what your budget is.

<center></center>

Sorry X-wing, I did read the post, but some else posted that the voltage reducer didn't work right. My plan is to use an MR sound card, but until we get the bugs worked out, I can't. I would be using the latching switch for this. Do-clo mentioned that he was working on something and I just wanted an update.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The voltage reducer does work. I don't know who said it didn't (and not willing to search []), but that's not the problem. The differing switches are, but if you are using an MR there are no problems. Do-Clo is talking about getting a Hasbro to work (Hasbro's are momentary and the EL needs latching) which is the switch issue I'm refering to.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Jedi Master Adam

Hi all.

I'm a bit of a newb to the saber scene but me and my mates have been tinckering and duelling with EL for about a year and a half now. Was thinking of finally making my saber except with metal and sound instead of cardboard and a very convincing humming sound effect provided by my mate John. Was wondering what is the best way of hooking up a double bladed el with sound, I was thinking maybe just treat it as two one bladed sabers and put the gear in the staff hilt, but maybe there is a better way? I dunno, but from the wealth of knowledge I seen so far wouldn't be shocked if someone here did. But I would be very Grateful.

Any help would be much appreciated (and a drawing would be gratelly appreciated cos i'm thick lol)
    Thanks
    Jedi Padawan Adam
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Depends on how you want it to work... you could treat them individually or you could have one switch. Which would you like?

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

If that's the case, then great! I will order a radio shack regulator right away.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS