Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: el sound

My point is, the voltage regulator does not work (at least, not well enough for me) Is there anything that will reduce the voltage to about three volts without drawing very much power? thanks.

-Luke

You'll find I'm full of suprises. -Luke, ESB, Anakin, AOTC

I have some thoughts that I will try on my own EL saber but I am not sure it will work plus I have to order a few parts. Give me a little time and when I get some customer orders finished I can focus on the problem. The regulator is going to drain the batteries because it draws current all the time that power is conected. You need to use all of the same kind of batteries though if you are going to use more than one battery.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

The Brotherhood of the Sith

How far up the hilt should I mount the speaker? As in, what distance gives the best sound?

I am 1/3 High School student and 2/3 SITH LORD.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'd say the consensus is maybe 1" to 1 1/2". Makes it a lot louder because it makes it resonate more.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Hey Tim i got my parts today they are perfect great job now my lightsaber lokks more complete...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Undrin_koo

Hey Tim i got my parts today they are perfect great job now my lightsaber lokks more complete...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    do you have flameproof clothes? you may need them....

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

So what is the final word on having a sound board in an EL saber? Can you use an MR board? Is the Hasbro board better or worse? Do you need 2 kinds of batteries? I would like to use a single 9 volt to power both, but much of what I have read here indicates that it doesn't work well.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Of course you can have sound on an EL saber. An MR board would be tons easier since it's latching also.

Hasbro's as of yet don't have a good way of working because they're momentary. The only hitch for both is the voltage reducer.[] 9V could certainly power it but maybe two in parallel is better so the board doesn't drain your saber faster/make it dull.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

I have a project that I am working on so it looks like it will be possible but I don't want to get anybodys hopes up yet, I need a few parts to go any farther. I will post the results soon.

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Don't make me destroy you...

Thanks Do-clo, I will wait patiently. I have the guts from an MR coming soon. Should I use the speaker or buy another? I can't use the battery pack since it's not enough to power the EL.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS