Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: LED blade diffuser

yeah if you can get us tubes that are diffursed you got a order from me

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Hey Strydur, now the MR like, diffuser you said you almost cracked how goes the results?

Looking foward to see how it turns out.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Me too..will take a few weeks to have made and shipped more than likely

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

cool

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

is this gonna be a thin walled PolyE oris this gonna be a polyC thats gonna be diffesed on the inside

<center>

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

It will be a thin tube that will fit inside the polyC like how the MR blades are made.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

thats great Tim. cant wait to get one along with the blade and tip. also, if you dont mind, i'd like to mention what i told you about the reflective part on the underside of the tip. look in the automotive department at your local wally world and look for the replacement mirror stuff. its a sheet around 4 by 6 or something maybe a bit larger. its farly thick but i think you cut it out with scissors. it would make a great part for the tip. and you could get a lot of circles cut out of just one sheet. oh, and it has self adhesive on the back, ya know peel an stick. thought i'd share my find with everyone if that ok with Tim.

mcmaster sells a roll of 1" reflective aluminum discs that have adhesive also.

i thought i'd throw out this find to all here. cuz just about anyplace someone lives theres a wally world really closeby. and from the looks of this stuff, it will fit the bill perfectly. and it only costs around 5 to 7 bucks. i cant remember the exact price, but know it was in that range.

This my latest diffuser; it is a polyc that has been glass bead blasted on the outside. it was made in less than 3 minutes and can be made available to everyone if they choose. The best part is it requires you to buy nothing extra. No inner tube to add weight or additional cost.

Left is M.R tube and right is mine

Left mine Right M.R.

Left M.R. Right Mine
    Let me know what you all think. The cost to do this would be minimal ($5.00 per blade).Could be done buy using a 20 dollar sand blaster from walley world and a plastic trash can. the blasting media is cheap also.