Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: LED blade diffuser

a convex tip might be the answer.

Strydur - I don't recall seeing any info or posts, so I'll ask here. Have you come up with an acceptable solution for a 1" LED blade diffuser?

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Has anyone ever used one-way film (that type that makes windows reflective on one side but see through on the other)? I've pondered this before but it always seems to get me confused on what it would look like. If ALL of the light was reflected in would you even get an aura?

Anyone tried it? I know of the adhesive backed kind which would be insane to use but a plain film might be interesting to see.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I have question, the new LED diffuser Tim caries-does it even out the light or does it still dull at the tip? I have 2 blades, both bead blasted, and they look nice but it still looks like colored light in a clear tube instead of looking like a light rod-know what I mean? I saw the 12 color disc pic and ordered 2 packs of them, but mine still look like colored light where Tim's,in the 12 color disc pic, look like light rods (meaning solid color all the way down). Did he use his new diffuser in those blades? If so than I definatly need new clear blades with the new diffusers. So I guess the point of all my ramblings is simply-does it look closer to an EL blade or more of the same LED look?

Cain

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If you have bead blasted PolyC then it probably would look better with a clear polyc with the diffuser. My diffusers look the same as the MR blades so pretty much any LED blade picture I have ever posted. They dont magically make the the blade look more even although putting a mirror in the end helps.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Tim,
    Thank you for the fast reply. I agree that clear polyc with a diffuser inside looks better, it gives it a core look where blasting makes it just look like light in a tube-although it is just light in a tube but you know what I mean. Anyway, that was the answer I was waiting for so I hope to be placing another order with you in about a week.

If I ordered 2 polyc's -2 diffuser tubes -and 2 acrylic tips would that still ship after the first of the new year? I know you posted that some orders would still be sent out earlier.

Cain

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Easy orders like that I have been shipping.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop