Hey guys! So first off, I want to say, that I have read, searched, read again, PMed other people on the net, and read again the things needed to upgrade my saber. I have an Ultra Saber Raven with the first obsidian soundboard, Li-ion setup, in blazing red Seoul P4. I want to upgrade it to a 10Watt deep red LEDengin that is listed on the site. My problem? Im not tech savy. Everything I have read, probably could answer my question for me, but Im not tech savy.... AT ALL...... I emailed ultrasabers about the upgrade, and they said all I would have to do is cut the current LED, and add the new LED and it should work fine. This sounds too good to be true to me. If that is the case, then why don't they do it? They would have the cheapest and brightest pre-made sabers on the market. So, I emailed again, and asked if that was really the case. Would it not be as bright as it could be? Would the battery not last as long? Why don't you guys do it? Their reply was that they specialize in their own sabers, and don't answer technical questions. So, I turned to the Saberforums and asked the same questions. No one has replied. I figure its because everyone on those forums are like me and have no flipping clue what to do when it comes to electronics, so they just buy one that is already made for them, lol.... SOOO.... That being said, here I am now.

I read about the Seriallel way of doing this. Its confusing to me, but I feel as if it contains the secrets to my success!!! Too bad I don't understand it :/
What I can do: I can buy the parts I need, and do the work. What I need help in? I have no idea what to buy other than the LED itself. I'm willing to keep reading and such, but when it comes to current, voltage, numbers and letters, I'm lost. Really lost. Like, more lost than Waldo hiding from the Empire on Coruscant. Im the art and music guy, math was hell for me..... lol

So, If someone can tell me what to buy, and maybe help explain the Seriallel way of wiring things, in English (or as simply as possible, lol) then I will be eternally grateful, and promise to post pictures of me with my beautiful Deep Red saber, and myself in my amazing award winning costume!!!

~May the Force grant you power~