Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first saber! Thanks to everyone for the help.

Default My first saber! Thanks to everyone for the help.

Below are images of my first ever saber. It was a fun experience. Next i'd like to get some better LEDs for the crystal chamber, and maybe try my hand at a custom sleeve and a different emitter. My custom PLI ended up being too big to have in the crystal chamber. But I'm pleased with my first attempt none the less. Thanks to everyone that helped point me in the right direction.

Very cool saber good work

Great job for your first build!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Very nice looking saber. Hope to see more good stuff like this later on.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Wow..someone is posting on the wrong forum I'm guessing. lol

Nice saber. A little long, but good choices. It's too bad the graflex"style parts don't have a hoop. I love that part.

I like the looks of this saber. Good job for your first build. What blade LED did you use? I love the color of it.

Steve

I got the Royal Blue Luxeon Rebel Star from the shop. I was a bit worried about the brightness and UV/Indigo content at first, but I'm glad I chose it. Very happy with its saturated hue of deep blue.

Thanks! I thought so....I was planning to go with green but now....this is making me have second thoughts. I really like the looks of it. Decisions, decisions... Did you use anything special to light up the crystal chamber?

Steve

I like the simplicity in this saber. It's nice to see trim rings get used in a saber. Could you do a couple close-up pictures of the crystal chamber?

Thanks Yoshi-Taka, I'll take some pictures when I get home.

Gobber, I used 3 LED,BLUE,470NM,T-1, 900MCD,3.2V, 20mA Max (from jameco.com). I mounted them at a 30 degree angle through the holes of one of the disks for the shop. They are wired in parallel with a 6.8ohm resistor in series as shown in my diagram. The blue does not match the royal blue of the rebel, I can't find bright led in the same wave length. The rest of the chamber was made with parts from the shop here (disks, rod, spacers), or off amazon (the copper mesh and quartz)