Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: South-Paw Jinn's First saber: Callandor! PC 2.0, Tri-Rebel, Charge Port and R.I.C.E.

Quote Originally Posted by South-Paw Jinn View Post
    Oh yes, I know, but a guy can hope, right?
    Uh-huh. Hoping happens a lot around here.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

FJK, I'm torn. Is there a size difference between the speaker mounts V2 and 4? V2 isn't listed in the chassis section, does it play nice with the acrylic disks? Do the holes match up... Do you have any experience using them. So many questions, sorry.

V2 and V4 are for 2 different types of speakers. The V2 doesn't naturally work with the chassis disks, but you might be able to "fix" that, by modding it. By the way, which speaker were you planning on using?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I would like the bass speaker, but don't know how resonance dependent it is. I don't plan on modding any parts for this build so, I spose ill use the V4. You can see from my cad renders that internals are tight, I hate to be off 1/4" on the speaker diameter. Does the speaker slide up and down the tube freely it is it pinned between pommel and body?

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    V2 and V4 are for 2 different types of speakers. The V2 doesn't naturally work with the chassis disks, but you might be able to "fix" that, by modding it. By the way, which speaker were you planning on using?

The V4 does not have the lip like the V2 does to keep it in place. Whether it slides up and down will depend heavily on how you design and build it.
    And the V4 was designed for the bass speaker, the V2 wasn't
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 09-10-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Not sure if it could somehow cause problems, but I use the screw that holds the covertec knob on my saber as a set screw for the speaker holder. Doesn't wiggle at all.
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Thanks!

The V4 does not have the lip like the V2 does to keep it in place. Whether it slides up and down will depend heavily on how you design and build it.
    And the V4 was designed for the bass speaker, the V2 wasn't

Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    Not sure if it could somehow cause problems, but I use the screw that holds the covertec knob on my saber as a set screw for the speaker holder. Doesn't wiggle at all.

I guess this means that you'll be adding a covertec wheel to your hilt now, instead of the pommel ring.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I was kinda headed in that direction anyhow, anything to cut down on the length of the saber. And I sort of like the extra adornment, there is a lot of real estate on that 6" extension.

I guess this means that you'll be adding a covertec wheel to your hilt now, instead of the pommel ring.