Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: South-Paw Jinn's First saber: Callandor! PC 2.0, Tri-Rebel, Charge Port and R.I.C.E.

well, if it makes you feel any better, i've lost count of how many times I had to completely dismantle and rewire a saber because something didn't work after I finished assembling it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

It does make me feel better! Does that make me sith? I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    well, if it makes you feel any better, i've lost count of how many times I had to completely dismantle and rewire a saber because something didn't work after I finished assembling it.

So I rewired the saber today, and everything works great! Does anyone know, do you have to remove the SD card to change the saber font, or can it be done through RICE? or will the sabe read as a storage device?

Glad to hear it is working! Cant wait for the vid!

You will need to take out the sd card. Make sure you follow the youtube video madcow made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGv0...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by Ty_Bomber; 11-11-2013 at 05:26 PM.

And here you go, video proof!

UPDATE: The audio is missing. It worked fine before. Sadly the YouTube vid was my only copy. Look with your eyes, not with your ears?

Last edited by South-Paw Jinn; 07-06-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks - they have this video on saberfont.com, too. But, that was my fear - there is a critical flaw in my saber design, and that is, the SD card is inaccessible when fully assembled and wired up. It is pinned between the board and the speaker, and as space was tight in the saber there is no slack in the wiring so there is no chance of backing this board out the end to remove the card. I'm stuck with light meat. Oh well, there isnt a thing I would change in the esthetic so, it is what it is, and it doesn't sound half bad at that. I will plan better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    Glad to hear it is working! Cant wait for the vid!

You will need to take out the sd card. Make sure you follow the youtube video madcow made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGv0...e_gdata_player

Curious, can you remove the pommel and pop out the speaker? If you have it facing the end, you could get to the SD card with some needle-nose pliers.

Otherwise, LM is a great font for a green blade!

I probably could with a bit of finesse. There may be just enough wire to back the chassis out from pommel side but I would have to disassemble the chassis in hilt. Tricky enough that, I really am OK with light meat! It has a great hum but some of the swings are almost undetectable. I can love with it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    Curious, can you remove the pommel and pop out the speaker? If you have it facing the end, you could get to the SD card with some needle-nose pliers.

Otherwise, LM is a great font for a green blade!

Looks Beautiful!
    "It makes it so much more interesting when the odd are stacked against you, don't you think?" -- Han Solo (from Force Heretic III: Reunion)

My first Saber in progress!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyby Knight View Post
    Looks Beautiful!