Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: South-Paw Jinn's First saber: Callandor! PC 2.0, Tri-Rebel, Charge Port and R.I.C.E.

And like that, it's over. What do I do with my time now? My wallet is all but empty... Maybe I'll wire up a few of my first PVC sabers...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by South-Paw Jinn View Post
    And like that, it's over. What do I do with my time now? My wallet is all but empty... Maybe I'll wire up a few of my first PVC sabers...
    Well, you could be like me and be only 3 sabers from #600. I'll hit it next week
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Wow! I love LDM sabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Well, you could be like me and be only 3 sabers from #600. I'll hit it next week

Very Nice saber South-Paw. I love how the wood sleeve looks.
    This is why I'm not really on the forums unless I'm working on a build. I come here and start seeing Ideas and saber and remember how fun it is to build one.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Thanks, Yin! It's my pride and joy and I don't feel it's too shabby for my first go at it. There were many times I thought I bit off more than I could chew. If anyone looks under the hilt, they would say that I probably did. My soldering and cram-fu needs work - but I had a blast.

As for the sleeve - it's gorgeous! I got it from a company called force relics on shapeways.com. They 3d print MHS components and inovations, as well as turn timber, aparently. I have the sleeve secured with a tension screw, I'm not sold on that method yet - I havnt out the saber through any real abuse yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yin View Post
    Very Nice saber South-Paw. I love how the wood sleeve looks.
    This is why I'm not really on the forums unless I'm working on a build. I come here and start seeing Ideas and saber and remember how fun it is to build one.
    Last edited by South-Paw Jinn; 12-03-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Shapeways is excellent.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Sorry to revive this thread but wonder if anyone can assist. Did some moderate dueling with Callandor this weekend and it seems to be battle damaged. Recall that this is a PC2.0.... After some fun, the saber became super sensitive to movement, perhaps vibration. If I held the saber still, it would stop going nuts, by nuts I mean the FOC was going non stop, cycling blaster noises and swing sounds rapidly. I have had issues with the aux button working inconsistently so I thought it might be that, but that is in now way connected to the swing sounds so I think it may be something else.... Any thoughts? Anyone had a similar experience?

It wouldnt hurt to take a look at the wiring. In a saber I am working on the speaker came loose from the mount and began to vibrate against the inside of the hilt, causing lots of errant effects. In my case you could hear the speaker chattering in the hilt though.

I got that same effect from having a speaker too close to the motion sensor. I think the magnetism was screwing with the tiny ball inside the sensor.

Noob question. I have about the same parts except no power extender and my tri rebel is R/G/B. With this wiring diagram would I just wire it up like the extender is not even there or do I need to get the extender?