--------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Caine Drathul View Post
    Wow...you sure told me, son.
    *FJK high five's Caine*
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Siths are weak. I guess my question was a little to complicated for you guys. I got it.

Hey Ninja,

Sorry we don't have the answers you seek, but I think it is unfair to make blanket statements like that on the intelligence of this community. We have many experienced people on these forums (like Sunrider) who understand exactly what you are trying to do, and they offered their advice. Silver Serpent said it best- it shouldn't be done as the electronics we use aren't made for the purpose you are asking. Sunrider has done amazing, extraordinary things with sabers (look at his threads) and if he says it's too complicated, it's too complicated. Give us the benefit of the doubt.

A lot of new people think that we are a bunch of cliquey know-it-alls who like to keep secrets so n00bs can't be successful. That is plainly false. We do however, shut down when people tell us to that we need to tell them how to do such in such, while ignoring our advice on whether it should be done in the first place.

I have always thought of this forum as a Library. Like many cultures, I believe Libraries to be sacred ground.

I see the people in the forums as librarians. We will point you to the information you are seeking, and occassionally offer our own research and results for other scholars in this hobby. What we will not do is do your research for you, or transcribe what has already been written in your help wanted thread for your convenience. That is spoonfeeding. It is not acceptable to ask a librarian how to change your alternator on your car or replace your hard drive with an SSD. If the librarian doesn't have your answer, it isn't because the librarian isn't intelligent or doesn't like you. It just means it isn't their job.

Please don't take this personally. You aren't the only person who has been frustrated by the fact that what they wanted wasn't feasible with the current technology, and a "work-around" wasn't offered by people the people here to make your task any easier. We will help if we can, and we just can't help you. The tech we use simply doesn't allow it, and a work-around hasn't been carefully researched yet. I suggest that if you solicit advice from people here in the future, you accept the advice offered, and take the initiative to find your own solutions, rather than get angry at those more experienced than you that don't have them.

Good luck with your build.

I think Ty said most of what I was thinking.

I could build a saber that runs off wall power. I have built sabers that run off li-ion. Building one that runs off both is going to be fairly complicated, or ugly and hacked together.

I will give you a link that you might find useful: http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/ I have learned a reasonable amount of electronics information from there. You might learn enough to do what you're trying to accomplish.

Good luck with your build.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thank you Silver Serpent for the link. I think it can be done and if anyone is interested I'd be happy to post what I discover. May the Force Be With You!