Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Expected brightness of Tri-Rebel RRW

Quote Originally Posted by keybuk View Post
    In series wouldn't they be drawing 4.6V and 700mA?

Compared to 2.3V and 1400mA in parallel.
    What board are you using? I am willing to bet you popped your LEDs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    What board are you using? I am willing to bet you popped your LEDs.
    Petit Crouton 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by keybuk View Post
    Petit Crouton 2.0
    Well, you could try upping the amerpage to 1500mAh (750 each). You might just have darker binned reds. *shrugs*
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

By the specs, you would be correct. If Ty was feeding them 1500mA in series, he was overdriving them with roughly double the rated current.

If you're feeling brave, try adjusting the current upwards in small increments. But even a single properly driven red should illuminate the blade just fine. I'm not certain why two aren't more impressive.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks for the advice so far, at least this confirms to me that I'm not doing anything insanely wrong (and my college-remembered electronics rules+maths are still correct), and I'm not expecting "too much" from the RRW. I mean, I'm not expecting this to fry eggs or melt a Jaguar on the pavement like a Cree Blue can, but it would be nice if it were visible in a reasonably well lit room.