Thread: pop up drain lightsaber-help!!!

Default pop up drain lightsaber-help!!!

I am using a pop up drain as the hilt for my lightsaber. having issues fitting and holding blade in place. any advice on other popup drain builders. I think the 1.25 blade holder from custom is a little too large for the top of the opening. I am using a ultimate fx luke rotj sound board.

any advice as to what led I need to get? As you can tell I am a noob and I appreciate any good counsel. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by treyg View Post
    I am using a pop up drain as the hilt for my lightsaber. having issues fitting and holding blade in place.
    Can you be more specific. "issues" is something Microsoft lawyers used to say when they didn't want to get sued. I would assume a 1" blade but I've learned not to assume. So... too tight? too loose? what kind of pop-up drain is it? plastic? brass? chromplated brass? Did you drill and tap a set screw? Photos? diagram? cave drawing?

We can't build bricks without straw.

I think I might have it figured out. after looking, I think the 1 1/8 blank blade holder from the saber store will work.

It is a chrome plated brass pipe drill and tap set screw will be added when I find the right size of holder for the blade. I love the obi wan look of the pop up drain and the cutouts that reveal a portion of the blade before the end of the emitter. The problem is that the end of the pipe is threaded making the pipe narrower than the regular blade holders by just a hair....

here is a pic of what I am working with. plan is using an hasbro ultimate fx luke rotj soundboard and orange rebel luxeon. I am attaching a 45 degree connector to give it a dooku style.
    41r1gtzbQmL._SL500_SS75_.jpg
    41r1gtzbQmL._SL500_SS75_.jpg