Thread: Wiring check request (pictures)

Default Wiring check request (pictures)

Hello saber-smiths,
    After a few stunt builds under my belt, I am ready to graduate on to a sound build. I have read the Nano Biscotte manual and consulted the resistor charts on the website. I think I am ready but would appreciate it if someone with more knowledge could give me a courtesy check on my schematic. I tried to be as neat as possible with my diagram but I am no electrics expert. The blue squares are the JST connectors. I plan to use the pre wired sound board because I do not trust myself to solder on a board. I put the connectors in there so I do not get confused.

Components:
    Nano Biscotte sound board- prewired.
    Seoul P-4 LED in GREEN with 1 ohm 2 watt resistor
    Accent LED #1 in RED
    AV switch with GREEN dot
    Dynaohm resistor for accent LED circuit
    3.7 volt Li-Ion battery
    Recharge port
    Premium speaker

Things I am most concerned about:
    Am I correct in wiring the main LED and the accent LED circuit in parallel?
    Do I have the correct resistors for the LEDs (I pulled the information off the Resistor Chart but I could have pulled it wrong)?
    Am I correct to wire the two accent LEDs in series with each other and use just one Dynaohm resistor?
    Are the resistors in the right place (on the right legs)?
    Is the recharge port configuration correct?
    Any other advice or pointers?

Thank you very much in advance and may the Force be with you.

Pad 2 on the NB goes to the Main LED (-), not the (+). Pad 1 is a shared (+) for the battery and main LED. You're going to need to rework your wiring diagram.

1. Wiring the main LED and accent LEDs in parallel is fine.
    2. Your resistor value is fine for the main LED
    3. They'll probably light up, but they might be underpowered. Running them in series will require a forward voltage of LED1+LED2 (3.3v + 2v = 5.3v) which is less than your single li-ion will provide. You could more easily run them each parallel with their own resistor. Check the link in my sig for a resistor calculator.
    4. Yes. You can put the resistor on either leg, and it will run fine.
    5. Recharge port looks correct.

See if you can get your wiring diagram redone to fix the (+) and (-) issue, and I'll take another look at it. It's looking good other than that.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Pad 2 on the NB goes to the Main LED (-), not the (+). Pad 1 is a shared (+) for the battery and main LED. You're going to need to rework your wiring diagram.

1. Wiring the main LED and accent LEDs in parallel is fine.
    2. Your resistor value is fine for the main LED
    3. They'll probably light up, but they might be underpowered. Running them in series will require a forward voltage of LED1+LED2 (3.3v + 2v = 5.3v) which is less than your single li-ion will provide. You could more easily run them each parallel with their own resistor. Check the link in my sig for a resistor calculator.
    4. Yes. You can put the resistor on either leg, and it will run fine.
    5. Recharge port looks correct.

See if you can get your wiring diagram redone to fix the (+) and (-) issue, and I'll take another look at it. It's looking good other than that.
    Thank you much. I will re-work the diagram tonight and post a new picture. And thanks for the resistor link, that help a lot.

Later.

I got this done faster than I figured I would (a quiet house does wonders for the mind). Here is my revised wiring diagram.

I checked out Silver Serpent's resistor chart and it is great. However, the values I put down for the accent LED's came off of Tim's resistor chart which I am sure is designed to jive with what is sold in the store. But thank you for the tip about your chart, Silver Serpent, I will remember that as a future reference.

I corrected my mistake and changed the board pads on the drawing to accurately represent what is on the actual board.
    I placed the LEDs in parallel and gave each their own resistor.

I hope this is all correct, if not any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for all the help.

Wiring diagram looks correct to me. The resistor calculator I use tends to round up to the next higher value resistor, so you may get slightly different numbers from Tim's chart. It should still work just fine.

Looks like you're ready to start assembly.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

I will be buying the parts in the very near future and getting to work.

The journey begins!!!