Thread: RGB blade and crystal chamber setup

Lightbulb RGB blade and crystal chamber setup

This is going to be my most complex saber yet. I am planning to set up a Seoul P5 RGB led with matching crystal color using an igniter soundboard with tru color board. I also want to use led switches. My question is: is it better to use the accent led pads to control the crystal or taps of the main LCD for color control. Any suggestions would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    This is going to be my most complex saber yet. I am planning to set up a Seoul P5 RGB led with matching crystal color using an igniter soundboard with tru color board. I also want to use led switches. My question is: is it better to use the accent led pads to control the crystal or taps of the main LCD for color control. Any suggestions would help.
    Your best bet is to take this question over to the IRA. The board's creator and the people who are most knowledgable are on that forum. Naigon's boards are not sold here in the store.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Hey Elf, IRA is definitely a good place to get answers on Igniter questions, but to answer this question directly, if you want to have the colors match the blade you want to run a common cathode RGB (I use the 5mm ones that are easy to find) and resistor them properly (100ohm 1/8w on green and blue and 150ohm 1/8w on red) in parallel with the main LED. Using the accent pads would not yield the results you're looking for. Feel free to PM me as well if you need any help.