Thread: I'm New, Please help with saber wiring questions.

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Default I'm New, Please help with saber wiring questions.

Hi everyone!
    I am a new member to the community, and I have a few questions since I am planning on building my first custom saber. I am planning on getting the majority of my parts from our store on the website here but have some questions on how to wire my saber correctly. I have done lots of soldering in the past so that wont be a problem however I need some help on the correct way to wire my saber.

For my saber body and everything else I am planning on using the items off our store but for the soundboard I am planning on going with the Obsidian USB 3.0 Soundboard.

I would like my saber to have an illuminated AV switch, flash on clash, continuous flash on clash when you press the AV switch briefly (once to turn continuous flash on and once to turn it off) as well as an accent LED light for a crystal chamber.

I would love any input or diagram that is easy to read on how to correctly wire this. Do I use a BuckPuck? Resistors? How do I wire this?
    Also... What kind of LED light do I want to get for an extremely bright blade, and what kind of LED light do I want to get for the accent light that will light up my Crystal Chamber?

So basically I guess I am asking...
    One: How do I wire this correctly?
    Two: What electrical parts do I want to buy to wire this correctly?

Any thoughts or answers would greatly be appreciated.
    Thank you all so much for your time, and I look forward to your reply's.
    "Around the survivors a perimeter create"
    - Yoda
    We should all start speaking backwards to see if we become more enlightened
    - SirRender

For questions regarding the wiring of an Obsidian board, I would suggest you go to the manufacturer's message boards.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

SS is correct, the seller/manufacturer of that board isn't really discussed on this forum. You would need to visit / sign up for their forums for technical help for that.

Out of curiosity, why did you decide to go with an Obsidian board?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Thank you for your responses, the links you provided were very helpful.
    "Around the survivors a perimeter create"
    - Yoda
    We should all start speaking backwards to see if we become more enlightened
    - SirRender