Thread: Brightness of blade with NB or PC?

Default Brightness of blade with NB or PC?

I'm weighing up my sound options.

I had been planning to use the NB board. As I'm in the uk, getting rechargeable li-ion packs is a bit of a pain so I was going to use 14650 cells with a TCSS speaker/2aa holder module.

For the NB I would use 1 cell, for the PC 2.

However, examining the the power differentials of the PC and the NB, would a PC running two cells produce a noticeably brighter blade than an NB running 1?

Alternatively, does anyone know how I can get a 18650 rechargeable pack in the uk?

Thanks very much!

With the 2AA holder, you'd need to use 14500 sized batteries.

The PC has a built in LED driver that will allow you to more easily overdrive the LED. So depending on the LED you have chosen, and how friendly it is towards overdriving, the PC could get better results. If you have a multi-die LED and wish to use FoC, then the PC is definitely the way to go.

I've heard there are suppliers in the UK, but I'm not familiar with them. Some people turn to ebay. Others will scavenge the 18650 cells out of old laptop battery packs.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

One other consideration is that the NB is designed to run on a single 18650 3.7v battery set up. Using a 2aa holder with li-Ion cells will result in a 7.4v powersource, which is over the maximum voltage the NB supports, which is 5.5 volts. So is have to agree with silver serpent that the pc would be your best bet.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.