Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: My First Lightsaber...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You can just ask RLSA for their LED stuff... they do sell LED sabers now in their G-style sabers. In fact I don't think they do EL anymore. Their LED kit would actually have all you'd need and should work seamlessly. Adding a recharge port would be pretty simple.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Thank you xwing.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

i did ash him for his kit, but he said he doesnt sell them separately.....

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I guess that's so he doesn't have trouble shoot people who don't install it correctly.

You can at least buy the blade from RLSA and not have to get anything extra machined. Then you could get the driver and film seperatly elsewhere. I'm not sure how much Corbin would have. He mentioned his PolyC stock being low to me, but you might luck out and he'll have a 3/4" blade.

Otherwise you could order the PolyC from somewhere like McMaster-Carr.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

what i was thinking of doing was just have rlsa machine a 1"dia emitter so i dont have to worry about all the fuss, that was i can just order the stuff i want and not have ot settle.

that, and were can i get a led holder?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You're going to have to convince RLSA to make an LED holder for you or have Tim do it as a custom job.

I get them only wanting to sell installed systems, but they need to give a little especially since you did already buy a saber.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

TCSS if RSLA won't make ya one.

edit-Dang your on thr trigger today bud.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

the emitter is just a length of pipe that fits inside the hilt at the mouth to put the blade through, hoppefully he'll make another one for me.

that and i need the housing the led actually sits in, is that driver of some sort?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The heatsink? That's something again you'd have to convince them to give you or have Tim make as a custom.

Based on how you say it I can't imagine it would be that difficult for them to do it. There stuff is all rather generic. Making a new pipe for the holder should be easy. Their heatsink looks like a block, not the best but easy to machine.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

i see tim has one ,but its thread on. maybe i should just convince rlsa to give me a led kit and a 1" emitter?