Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Lightsaber...

but i'm gonna use corbins board and try to fit in battery recharge port, will i still need the inverter?

There is no inverter with LED. There is a resistor, but I believe Corbin's board acts as a resistor.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

ok, so let me get this right before i go buying stuff.

i'll need:

-corbins board
    -led w/optic
    -switch
    -battery holder
    -charger and port

what about the blade holder with the female 1/4", should i fashion it lowes style? how will the light get to it from the led in the blade holder is infront of it?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

get some 18 gauge wire and you're good to go
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

ok, wire is good...

should i just look at the tutorial and see how and/or were i should put the blade holder

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The blade holder goes on the end.

I don't know what you're talking about here:
    "what about the blade holder with the female 1/4", should i fashion it lowes style? how will the light get to it from the led in the blade holder is infront of it?"

What LED are your talking about? An accent LED? You don't light up and EL blade with an LED.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I think the problem here is since this is the EL section we are coming in thinking EL and getting all confused. This probally would have been MUCH better in the LED section. Anywho...

Yoi is the guy who really needs to chime in here since he is our main 3/4" LED/ RSLA guy. Dude has two or three 3/4" LED sabers now and from the pics they look good.

If you have room in the hilt for all the goodies then I say do it up but if space is an issue like some of the "EL Ready" hilts that have been done then you need to be creative. There are some great LED setups that take hardly any space at all and still give you good output, you just dont get the bling.

Like xwing said before, if your just doing a basic recharge and not getting tricky, then there is nothing to it.

And I think that it would help to stop looking at EL tutorials if your going LED. Like wise if your going EL then all the crap we have been talkin about 'cept for the charger is worthless.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

ok ok, i think i got the point of confusion here...

so its for the led thing. now i think i have the basic construction down and a good idea on what i have to do, i just need a blade. i was going to get there thicker 40", but its 1" dia, and my emitter hole is only .75" dia. that, is the part were i need help.

Corbin makes 3/4" blades custom order only.

You could get Tim's 3/4" blade and diffuser and that would look right good too.

edit- you may also want to go 36" or shorter so that you don't get the floppy noodle effect.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

what if i get rlsa to make a 1" blade holder then? then all i would have to do is just get a led setup....... i dotn see a led holder anywere, am i missing something on the site, or should i just make my own?

I GET IT NOW!!! wow gotta hate confusion, i got it now, i know what i have to do, thank all of you for the help.