Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Lightsaber...

Default My First Lightsaber...

and i've officially confused myself totally.

i've been bouncing back between here and corbins components, and i have to stop myself before i go insane trying to figure out what i need to get this blasted thign wired and working.

while i'm no stranger to wiring and the like, this stuff illudes me. i have no clue what i need, and my brain is too fried to try to scout for into through the forum. so here my deal:

i bought a custom EL blade-ready RLSA g saber hilt, and i want to make it goo vrooom and zooom. i hope to have in it:

-a 3w led, so it will be good and bright
    -a force resonator(vibration unit)
    -rechargable battery with charger port hidden on the bottom of the pommel.

what are the parts i will need to accomplish all of this? since my hilt is set up for the .75" el blade, it sorta killed my hope for a striaght led kit. also, what kind of switch will i need? momemtary or dspt?

i'm so confused

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well... it'd be a heck of a lot easier to get EL in there... as that's what it's made for.

Yoihalic should be able to give first hand experience as to converting them as I think he's done two RSLA sabers now.

For wiring... we'd need more info to suggest stuff. You mention Corbin's stuff... you going to use his board? That would change things compared to a resistored setup. Especially on the action for the resonator (cool little things BTW).

I CAN tell you about the recharge port. If you just want the port and no fance LED "charging" light it's literally a splice into the power wires and nothing else. You just need to buy the port and jack with a charger. I can detail that more if you need to.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

yes, i do believe i will be using corbins board, as it has a kool list of effects.

but for most of corbins wiring scems, it has a second switch. i just want one to keep it simple, as i like a clean look, i was originally going to turn the pommel itself into a rotory switch, but since i hate changing batteries, i can save that for the next saber.

i just want something sturdy enough to do some full contact dueling, and some touch sparring.

also, i'm looking to use this switch: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You don't need the second switch.

Good to hear you want to use the board though. You don't need the second switch if you use a shock sensor. Then you could wire it so that the shock sensor would make the resonator kick.

Unless you want it constantly on. Then that would be different.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

i do want it constantly on. could i use the shcok sensor to have the kick when it turns on and off and on clashes and the such, and wiring it to the switch to keep it constantly on?

and were can i fidn the parts for the recharge port, adapter, and correct voltage battery?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

As far as I know you can't have the constant and kick at the same time... it's either or. If you want constant you run it off of the switch. For just kick with the clash you run it from the sensor.

Radioshack will have an assortment of the ports and jacks you'd need for the recharge. They're kind of sucky on charges though... they only have voltage and amperage specific ones. I bought a smart charger online because I use it for multiple uses.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

which do you think will have theb etter effect, the constant hum or the sensor kick?

do you have a link to the charger port and charger itself? i cant seem to find any.

hey methos,
    I asked corbin about using the resonator on all the time, and he said that he probably would not recommend it because it would suck up batteries like crazy. Not saying you can't do it but it might reduce your battery life down to like 25%...
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

ok, so i've widdled it down to just having the force resonator give a kick when it turns on, when it turns off, and clashes and the like.

so to recap, i'm getting the force resonator, and corbins board. what else do i need?

hey what does a force resonator do?
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.