Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone familiar with this work?

Default Anyone familiar with this work?

Hey everyone. Just out of curiosity, is anyone familiar with this person's saber work and their quality?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Holocron?ref=l2-shop-info-name

Yeah, I'm familiar with him (most old timers are)... Those are not things you want to deal with, and I'll leave it there.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    Yeah, I'm familiar with him (most old timers are)... Those are not things you want to deal with, and I'll leave it there.
    That's too bad. They're really nice looking hilts. :/

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyedkid View Post
    That's too bad. They're really nice looking hilts. :/
    They aren't THAT great, trust me.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    They aren't THAT great, trust me.
    They're better than what I'd build by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyedkid View Post
    They're better than what I'd build by myself.
    Trust me, in the end, you CAN do WAY better than that.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

There are much better sabersmiths out there - many of whom are a part of this community - who do much better work.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Solid aluminum bar = 10... Wet paper bag = 0
    ______

TCSS = "Threaded" high quality parts made to fit like building blocks (MHS), or even some custom options with the MHS blank's (saber durability rating =

The hilts pictured above are overlapping pipes held together with nothing more then a few set screw's..... (durability rating = 1)
    ______

Good luck with your build (You'll be very very surprised at what you can accomplish with MHS).. And when it comes to sabers it's not a good look if your saber kinda wobbles.. Or just flex back and forth in the middle as you swing it... No matter how awesome it looks that's just not cool

Stick to Tcss my friend.. Tim has true honor which in the end is worth 10 of whatever the other guys "claim" to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Setscrews if you are lucky...I have one of his early sabers and some overlapping parts didn't have setscrews but were glued...ok e if you are looking for a display ONLY saber which I made that one into but NOT suitable for dueling. And later there were MANY people in this hobby who had a 'bad experience' with that maker which us 'old timers' have not forgotten but which is not suitable to discuss here.

People here aren't ONLY being loyal to Strydur because he is a great guy with sterling business ethics and this is his forum when we recommend MHS instead. There is a reason that most of the professional sabersmiths in this hobby use TCSS MHS parts, entirely unrelated to personalities or politics. And that is quite simply the QUALITY of TCSS parts which are simply the best production parts in this hobby. They are the 'gold standard' against which all others are measured. Even the top pro sabersmiths with lathes, mills or CNC capability of their own often use TCSS parts as a basis for custom modification because they know the quality of TCSS parts won't let them down. You will not go wrong choosing to build sabers out of the same best-quality parts the pros use. That's not 'hype' its plain fact.

"You pays your money and you takes your chance" - it is your right to make your decision of course. Best of luck with it and MTFBWY.

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    Setscrews if you are lucky...I have one of his early sabers and some overlapping parts didn't have setscrews but were glued..
    Same here, an Imperial Knight hilt. Think I picked it up for about 50 bucks in 2007, recently the glue that held the shroud failed and kinda fell off. They're ok if you just want something to stick on a shelf and not put any electronics or a blade in