Thread: Start of an addiction, A second Hilt....Nohealani

Default Start of an addiction, A second Hilt....Nohealani

Well guys I am not even done with my first saber and I have designs running all in my head. I have to do something if its at lease just getting the MHS parts. (2 of the MHS parts will have to be custom modified) Here is the design. Might be a few months till i finish or start this so please be patient lol. I am taking inspiration from Jedi vs Sith comic series in this new design. I want to go with a Jedi Knight/Master with this concept. This will be the hilt of a elegant Jedi who has seen battle and the horrors of battle. So this Jedi tries to keep something to remind him of beauty in the galaxy, and that is through his hilt.

I will be doing acid etched designs on the middle part of the hilt (i had to put the design part in the hilt with paint....don't judge me lol). The Saber color will be a dark vibrant Blue blade.

Without further ado I present (pardon the render).....NOHEALANI (means Beauty from Heaven)

Hi!

I think it has a real possibilities. One neat thing is that you are using a lot of different diameters of cylinder to "break up" the silhouette (sorry, art professor mode kicked in for a second. My only excuse is that I just got done grading a bunch of finals...) which makes it a more dynamic design. One thought might also be to break up the interior shapes with color via paint or powder coating, perhaps in a copper applied lengthwise on every second flute of the "Mara Jade" style sleeves. Definitely like the idea of possible etching as another alternative, possibly again inlaid with a color. One possible thing to consider is to use the fluted sleeves (I don't know but I think Tim would make a shorter version of the sleeve for the upper part for you) instead of the actual dual female fluted screw on parts since then you could have a very long inner cylinder with no thread areas that would allow button, accent LEd placement etc without having to worry about cutting into the threads (Might also be able to stuff a truly large battery pack and board or a crystal chamber into a nice long "inner" tube like that with a minimum of surprises). Very cool concept. Please keep us posted on this as you build it.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

I think this saber has potential, it could be cool. Almost reminds me of Valenthyne Farfalla, a Jedi Master from Darth Bane: Path of Destruction. He's this really powerful General who aides General Hoth on the Battle of Ruusan, which is where Darth Bane detonates the "Thought Bomb." http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Valenthyne_Farfalla will tell you more about him. But he's all about flashy and pretty. His ship is shaped like a unicorn I believe sooo :P But your description of the inspiration reminded me of him.
    But this seems like a really cool idea for a saber, and it will certainly be interesting to see how it turns out.

May The Force Be With You