Thread: Liberty, a TOR Inspired CF'd MHS

Default Liberty, a TOR Inspired CF'd MHS

Hey..

Been another year since I built the Assassin and coming back to the hobby I was amazed by all the new technology such as RICE and cEX especially and of course if I was to build another saber it HAD to have these things.

I wanted something TOR inspired, trying out some new MHS parts, design another 3D-printed chassis and engrave. So this is what I came up with.

The engraving on this hilt has two ornate birds with the Light/Dark symbols from TOR. Designing the engraving took about 7 hours while the process itself took ~3.

Specs
    -MHS based hilt with acrylic paints-
    -CFv6.5 with the color Xtender-
    -7.4v 2900 mAh Li-Ion pack-
    -LEDengin 10W BRG(W)-
    -RICE and recharge ports in the chassis-

Here's the IMGUR album for even bigger pics http://imgur.com/a/KIffe

Video
    http://youtu.be/ZYF4ZbZ0EB8

The emitter has black accents and simple ornate engraving going around the base of it.
    The blank MHS gear is just that and has no mods as of right now. The clamp is an MHS Clamp #7 that I had to cut a section off at the bottom to make it fit. (Was too small ID even without the black painting) The engraved section is a black-painted 3" DF and has a gold-painted trim ring. Pommel has a brass insert.

Getting everything to fit inside the chassis was a challenge but not exceptionally difficult. What was really hard though was routing the switch wires through a hole to the control box. This process took around 5 hours alone and in the end I used a small piece of pink plastic straw to route them through.

Thanks for looking
    Raf

I REALLY dig how you did the kill key and rice port on this.

Very nice! Definitely has a great TOR feel to it. Really like the engraving as well.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Good to see another nice build and good to see you around again.