Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Modular hilt pics

There are a few trucks with that kind of paint driving around my town, the best looking one in my opinion shifts from purple to green to midnight blue, it looks rather stellar

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bazuka

Jedi Ranger:

What is that material on the first of your lightsabers? It appears to be rings of leather... but is it a long thin strip of cowhide?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Bazuka - sorry about the delayed response. Yes, it is actually one long piece of leather wrapped around the hilt. I don't remember the actual type of leather though.

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>

No problem, I actually found a thread at theforce.net that had the answer as well. I really like the look of that, it seems authentic to the movies in a way.

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will.

The paint is made by MARTIN SENOUR. It shifts from CYAN to PURPLE to RED. Some of the others shift to too many colors so at one point you get a real muddy orangy colr that does not fit in to the progression. The Mirage paint isn't bad either. If you use professional clear you can't tell it from the $1200 a quart stuff. Remember it is most visible over dark colors. Always make sure the base is uniform before putting any of these or you'll get an uneven look in the multi tone. Thanks guys

Tetmatek are you in the willing nature to share the special super secret surplus supply source for your paint, or is it going to become your coveted prize of information?
    and i really did just throw that out, i didn't even backspace to edit it

I have an EL saber that's wrapped in leather, which doesn't make it look like a movie saber, but it's such a comfortable grip. You can get the leather in several different colors and widths, as well.

man, I missed a few weeks and I feel like a n00b having to read everything all over again.

<font color="blue">tetmatek,</font id="blue">
    that carbon fiber baby looks great bro. now, are my eyes deceiving me, or is the end on that saber a part from a Mace MR?

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by UltraSWG

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What are you using for the main body between pommel and blade holder? I looked through the shop here and couldn't see this piece.

"Do you know how to use one of these?"
    "Yes. The pointy end goes into the other man."

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LDS_TrooperWhat are you using for the main body between pommel and blade holder? I looked through the shop here and couldn't see this piece.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">That's because it's out of stock. It'll be back in about...
    *goes off to re-read the news Strydur posted*
    *comes back*
    2 weeks.

New ribbed section:

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity