Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SaberCon I - Can it happen? ALL input welcomed.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Post SaberCon I - Can it happen? ALL input welcomed.

The major topic of discussion at last weekend's Saber Summit III was a Community-wide get together. I hesitate to call it a "Conference", but something that has a much greater number of attendees associated with it than the "classic" Saber Summits hosted by Yoda, Novastar and myself. For those who have never actually hosted an event like this, there are hundreds of hours of preparatory and logistical work (even for a 40 person event). I will coordinate the initial organization of this "Con" and will offer my expertise (such that it is) to make this happen. There are many things to discuss, so lets jump right in.

The first item for discussion is how many people would want to attend? When I say COMMUNITY WIDE, I mean it. JSSDC members, Fx members, TCSS members, IRA members, NDSF members everyone. For each forum involved, I will need at least one ADMIN to be on the board of Directors for this event. Step up and offer your time. I will accept you. I know the ADMINS of all of those forums and none of you can say that we don't get along on a personal level, so get with me and lets do this.

The first thing to do is to post in this thread that you would come. The event will be in the Summer (so that those with children can bring them or find adequate child care). The event will be hosted at a resort of some sort. There will be a registration cost associated with the event. A break down of where the money goes will be available after the event is completed. An itinerary is yet to be developed. I have ideas (and many were discussed at SSIII) but will be taking ideas in another thread IF and ONLY IF there is sufficient interest in this event to warrant the work that it will take to make it happen.

Post away.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I would love to attend, even if it was nothing more than sitting around having a few drinks with the masters in the saberbuilding community.

My actual attendance would depend on location and personal finances. I'm sure I could talk the wife into a weekend getaway if it's someplace nice.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I'm interested. If I have to send my wife and a few of her friends to celebrate her fif... er, twenty-ninth birthday for a few days next summer then she can tolerate me slipping off for a few days to meet and greet and maybe learn a thing or two.

I would attend, though it greatly depends on where it would be located.

Saw this post on Fx too and wasn't sure which forum i should comment on lol

I'm with SS; personally, i would love to attend if for nothing more than to kick back with the masters and meet in person others in this great community who have inspired me (or helped answer my dumb questions). That being said, my attendance would depend on finances and location. And i would most likely not attend next summer since my resources are already committed to SDCC '14
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Just need to know how many folks would want to come. No ADMIN's here need volunteer. Strydur's got that part all under control
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I would love to attend something like this, though I echo others sentiments that location and finances at the time would influence my ability to come.

wouldn't this sort of thing just devolve into everyone drooling over sloths works?
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

We'll always drool over Sloth's work anyway so that wouldn't be a change lol but I'm sure we could find some of each others sabers drool-worthy as well eh?

I'm definitely interested but whether I'd also be able would depend as others have mentioned on personal finances and location. I am fairly confident I could make it to Chicago for a SaberCon with a year or so for scrimping and saving...not so confident whether I could make it to Cali or Fla...that's just my 'situation' - YMMV of course.

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    wouldn't this sort of thing just devolve into everyone drooling over sloths works?
    I'm sure Sloth will be nice enough to see you all bibs. just bring your own roll of paper towels.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com