Thread: First Saber-MHS

Default First Saber-MHS

Finally, after 2 or so months of actually owning the thing-I'm putting pictures up of my very first saber. It uses one Li-Ion 3.4v cell, a Lux Rebel Star Royal Blue LED and a NB board. The blade is a trans white with a basic clear tip. For the thumb screw I bought a vinyl one from Home Depot and airbrushed it a weathered-brass color.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is great looking saber. Love the grip section, it must be extremely comfy to hold. Never thought of using a vinyl screw for blade retention, honestly. I would assume the aluminium would strip it out pretty quick. You did an awesome job on the airbrushing though.

Now go make your bed.

Yeah, I designed it from the get-go to have a LOT of grip real-estate. The smaller inner diameter made my first few attempts at putting a battery pack in it...difficult, but I got it all straightened out in the end. I used a vinyl screw because no one around me had a metal screw, let alone a gold or brass-colored one. It is in a constant danger of being stripped, so the screw never leaves the hilt-whenever I need to remove the blade I just loosen it by a turn or so.

You can't make me.