Thread: Pink Led.

Default Pink Led.

I had found a saber smith that provided the option of a pink lightsaber however I want to be able to buy her a better lightsaber and one that she can pick and choose the parts. I could buy the led from that other vendor but I would rather buy it here but am unsure how to go about getting a pink led setup. my thought is to have a tri rebel with one red die and two white in serial. though I need assistance with that.

if someone could point me in the right direction that would be GREAT.

Red and blue. It is used for purple normally, but run without a resist up on the red makes a very bright pink.

Pink is one colour that actually works well with white LEDs and colour filters since pink is one of the less saturated colours. If you want a light pink this will work well and you won't loose much brightness like other colours.

Red and blue of RGB LEDs make a great violet/lavender. Make sure you don't overdrive your LED too much or you can drastically shorten the life span of your LED.

You can make a 'hot pink' with blue+red colour mixing but if you want a light 'pastel' rosy pink then a white LED with pink filter will do better...in either case a white polycarbonate rather than clear polycarbonate blade will help to make the pink look 'pinker'.

WELL my daughter saw the amber and preferred that which is easier. one question it states that the amber needs to be run at 700ma does that mean i need a buckpuck?

Quote Originally Posted by afrojedi View Post
    WELL my daughter saw the amber and preferred that which is easier. one question it states that the amber needs to be run at 700ma does that mean i need a buckpuck?
    Depends on how you are building her setup. Will it have sound? If so, what soundboard? If no sound, what battery supply do you want to use? A buckpuck needs a minimum of 5v to operate properly. If you are using a single die LED, you can get away with directly driving off the battery with a resistor if you want to use a 3.7v Li-Ion cell, or AA batteries. It all depends how fancy you want to make her saber.

The other ideas above are a lot easier, but I've seen red, blue and green together make a light pink.