Thread: Opinions on MR boards.

Default Opinions on MR boards.

I have available a Luke ANH 2010 board, a Luke ANH 2007, Luke ROTJ 2007, Anakin ROTS 2005/2007, and a Darth vader 2010 board. Which do you MR boards experts prefer and why?

I like all the LED MR/Hfx soundboards (avoid the EL ones.. but they are very old at this point).. As for which is best technically speaking that's a question for another member.. Ive had many of the boards and never had an issue so I believe QC from MR and Hasbro has been good.

May I suggest allowing the build to decide what type of board would suit best? (I once installed a dooku into a jedi'ish build and it sounds.. Mmmmm so nice).. So allowing the build to decide seemed to work out best for me in that instance.. Maybe it can help you as well.

Good luck with your building!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Well I found this. I think this gives a good sample of even the subtle differences between the MR soundboards.

I'm thinking I'm either going with the anakin ROTS or the luke ROTJ. I like the activation "pssshhhuuuu" of the anakin, but I like the somewhat deeper hum of the luke. I can't decide! x0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbauXINUrGg

For a cheap board and cheap speaker, I like the Anakin ROTS sound. Since I assume you will be installing a slightly higher quality speaker on your custom build, you will be happy with either of the 2. I think its more of if you want OT sound or PT sound.

I like the Obi removable blade myself. It has that nice snap-hiss from Luke's in RotJ.

Quote Originally Posted by GFJedi View Post
    For a cheap board and cheap speaker, I like the Anakin ROTS sound. Since I assume you will be installing a slightly higher quality speaker on your custom build, you will be happy with either of the 2. I think its more of if you want OT sound or PT sound.
    I think want go with the luke ROTJ board. The activation sound isn't that much better on the anakin. It's still more of the "pssshhuuu" sound rather than the real luke rotj "snap-hiss" in the movie. And to be honest I like the psshhuu better. I'm going to say psshhuu one more time.... Pssshhuuuu! And I really do like the deeper hum on the luke better. Trouble is I'm not sure if I can find a good luke ROTJ board diagram. The yoda on here looks similar but I can't tell if it's the same. :/