Thread: Max voltage and max amperage of the Master replica soundboards

Default Max voltage and max amperage of the Master replica soundboards

I'm looking to make a tri-rebel bbw led saber with a 7.4v battery and an MR soundboard. One forum on here says the MR boards should be run at a voltage of 4.5-6v. But I've found nothing on amperage. I need to know these two values so I can input them on the led calculator (should work for a board too right?) and get the right resistor to put between the battery and the board. Don't think I need any between the board and leds since I'm wiring just the two blue diodes in parallel, and according my info, they're 3.5v each, so they should suck up about an equal amount from my 7.4v battery. And I'll be putting a 20mA DynaOhm™ Variable Resistor on my a/v switch anyway. Does anyone know these two values for sure?

IIRC, the amps should be the current you want to run your led at. In this case, an amp for each die if you are runningbthem in parallel. Hopefully one of the sages (FJK or SS) will correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    IIRC, the amps should be the current you want to run your led at. In this case, an amp for each die if you are runningbthem in parallel. Hopefully one of the sages (FJK or SS) will correct me if I am wrong.
    He was looking for the boards specs. It turns out he can't use a 7.4V pack, like he thought.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    It turns out he can't use a 7.4V pack, like he thought.
    Nuuuuuu! Oh well. I'm sure it'll look super bright with a lower voltage. It looks like TCSS only has 3.7 or 7.4 volt. And since I've seen multiple sources already that say it needs to be run at at least 4.5v it appears I must look elsewhere for a powersource. Now if the info that Jay-Gon gave me is correct, I won't need resistors for anything but the a/v switch. I mean, each diode will suck up about 3.5 volts wired in parallel, as long as they behave themselves and share their food evenly. So even with a 6 volt battery, they'll still be a bit underpowered. Hmm, still need to know what amperage the board runs at. Hopefully it is just 1A like the diodes. x)

Come now, do you think I would give you information that wasn't correct? Also, please try to keep this discussion in one topic ...there's no need to start a new topic every time you have a question regarding your build with this set up.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Come now, do you think I would give you information that wasn't correct?.
    I'm sorry you took it that way Jay. I meant it more as an affirmation that you gave me good info and I just wanted to know if fjk or someone else had any other ideas in addition to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyedkid View Post
    I'm sorry you took it that way Jay. I meant it more as an affirmation that you gave me good info and I just wanted to know if fjk or someone else had any other ideas in addition to yours.
    Jay is an expert on these types of boards, more so than I am. I personally deal with the higher end (PC, CF) stuff. My advice is what it always had been... Single die rebel, an 18650 and all the relevant accessories and there you have it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

You can use a 3.7V for a MR soundboard. I have the 3400mah in one and using a rebel white led. It is as bright as running 4.5 and 4.8 volts. I think when I checked the led was just under 1 amp. You could use the 7.4v and use a 5v voltage regulator.

Female Twi'leks are so Hot! I want one. Gotta love the lekku =0)~

I know this is 100 years old now! lol! Can I wire a 2005 MR Anakin to a single 18650 with a recharge port? Thank you for your time!

You should be able to.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines