Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tri-Rebel bbw with MR board diagram

Default Tri-Rebel bbw with MR board diagram

Here's my guessing rendition of a tri-rebel bbw with the two blues wired in parallel. According to my info I don't need resistors for the leds with the battery and board I'm using. But if Each diode is about 3.5v and the board needing 4.5-6v, it seems that the diodes will be underpowered as well as the board. 101_5187-1.jpg

You have the LED wiring wrong. Put a wire from each LED (+) pad to the board (+) wire and do the same for the (-) pads to the negative (-) wire.

And the (+) and (-) are on either side of the LED.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 07-28-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

lolz, do I at least have the proper battery?

kk, how's this? And won't the two diodes be underdriven?

lukesoundwiring1.jpg

Possibly, but not by much. But how does that old saying go... "Beggars can't be too choosy".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Well what if I used a 7.4v battery and used a resistor between it and the board? That way each diode will get about the right amount of voltage yes? As long as they're wired in parallel. Did I get the wiring right that time?? 8/ With the 7.4v will the 20mA DynaOhm™ Variable Resistor be enough for the a/v switch??

It looks like you got it right.

As far as using a 7.4V pack, you could try it, but you waste energy, and I'm not sure that it would all fit in your hilt. I don't know how much power the MR board puts out, so I can't really answer that, though if JGJ says he did 2 greens in parallel, then you'll be ok. The DynaOhm should still work with your switch.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I'd rather waste some energy than have it be underpowered. And that sink tube is a good 12" long. It should all fit. The MR cheapy wiring diagram thread says that for at least one of them, it should be run with a 4.5-5v battery. And the resistor between the battery and board should work the same as a resistor between the battery and led. But regardless, I should probably get the lowest amperage in the 7.4 volt battery selection shouldn't I?

Current won't be the main "issue" the voltage would be. The current would be the same even if you used the 3.7V you originally had in mind.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 07-29-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

But the led calculator would work alright for calculating the resistor I'd need for a 4.5-6v soundboard? Which, again, is what the MR wiring forum says one is?

As long as you use the right values. You would CAREFULLY need to go over the specs for the MR boards. I don't know them offhand, other than the voltage requirements. You need to know what the max current they can take is. I would guess it's about an amp, but that's strictly a guess on my part.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines