Thread: "Rapunzel" by Yoshi-Taka

Default "Rapunzel" by Yoshi-Taka

Between money issues, moving, school issues, and recently being sick, building lightsabers hasn't been an option. I had plans but no way to build them. So this design has been sitting around for months; however, after 3 months of getting parts and building and working, my newest crossover lightsaber is done.

This saber is called Rapunzel. Named after the character from Tangled, a film of which I'm a huge fan, this is a saber made for royalty. Powder coated parts (lollipop purple), silver and gold accents, all to reflect Rapunzel's design (basically, I modeled the saber after her dress). The blade is a golden yellow, almost perfectly matching her epic-long hair. This saber is also a first for me, in that it uses brass components and is deliberately trying to match multiple colours (rather than a silver hilt, a blade and matching led).

There was originally going to be a brass shroud but that proved a huge pain after sanding for hours and cutting not working well. Then I scratched up some of the powder coat. But that's okay because it shows Rapunzel further: her evolution as a character, from perfectly sheltered to scratched and cut up and wounded from some harsh realities, to perfect happiness. Much like Rapunzel herself, this lightsaber has gone on a journey of discovery. Some parts replaced and changed out, the design changed repeatedly.. I think I perfectly nailed the character on the head for once.

Anyway, I've babbled enough (and will do so further in the video). Time for specs, pics, and a vid!

SPECS
    -Nano Biscotte V1.0 (Madcow's BESPIN II, with Yoshi boot)
    -18650 single cell battery
    -Luxeon Rebel Star (Amber)
    -Brass covertec wheel
    -8-32 purple thumb screw
    -Gold momentary AV switch
    -2.1mm recharge port (the more expensive one)

PICTURES

VIDEO

That powder coating looks blue in the pictures.... it's not. My new camera sucks. =|
    Thanks for viewing!

That purple color is very nice and it works well with the amber.

I agree. It's a perfect combination, I think.

SHE'S SO PRETTY!!!

Opened this thread up, saw the saber, and I saw "The Smoulder". She's very very pretty. As soon as I saw the title of the thread, an image popped into my head of what this saber would look like, and you've captured it perfectly. Gorgeous work.

*falls over laughing* "All that happy crap." "Do you see the pattern yet?!" Sick Yoshi is Sassy Yoshi.

"Pretty rad." Pretty rad indeed, buddy. Pretty rad indeed. I remain a loyal fan.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

lol, yeah I've watched the video a couple times and laugh at my own sass. When I'm sick, my give-a-damn-ometer breaks down and I lose all my patience.

I'm eternally flattered, as always. I worked very hard on Rapunzel and I'm extremely proud of her, even the scratched up powder coat.
    I didn't notice it until now, but I like how the blade fades in (albeit quickly) when powering on. Looks a lot like Rapunzel's hair in the film when it starts to glow. Man this saber is perfect (for what I normally build)..