Between money issues, moving, school issues, and recently being sick, building lightsabers hasn't been an option. I had plans but no way to build them. So this design has been sitting around for months; however, after 3 months of getting parts and building and working, my newest crossover lightsaber is done.

This saber is called Rapunzel. Named after the character from Tangled, a film of which I'm a huge fan, this is a saber made for royalty. Powder coated parts (lollipop purple), silver and gold accents, all to reflect Rapunzel's design (basically, I modeled the saber after her dress). The blade is a golden yellow, almost perfectly matching her epic-long hair. This saber is also a first for me, in that it uses brass components and is deliberately trying to match multiple colours (rather than a silver hilt, a blade and matching led).

There was originally going to be a brass shroud but that proved a huge pain after sanding for hours and cutting not working well. Then I scratched up some of the powder coat. But that's okay because it shows Rapunzel further: her evolution as a character, from perfectly sheltered to scratched and cut up and wounded from some harsh realities, to perfect happiness. Much like Rapunzel herself, this lightsaber has gone on a journey of discovery. Some parts replaced and changed out, the design changed repeatedly.. I think I perfectly nailed the character on the head for once.

Anyway, I've babbled enough (and will do so further in the video). Time for specs, pics, and a vid!

SPECS
-Nano Biscotte V1.0 (Madcow's BESPIN II, with Yoshi boot)
-18650 single cell battery
-Luxeon Rebel Star (Amber)
-Brass covertec wheel
-8-32 purple thumb screw
-Gold momentary AV switch
-2.1mm recharge port (the more expensive one)

PICTURES

VIDEO

That powder coating looks blue in the pictures.... it's not. My new camera sucks. =|
Thanks for viewing!