Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brightest led you can get on here?? Voltage??

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    I have pictures of the build innards, but not an actual diagram. I just used the ones that came with the PC. Would you like me to post links to the pics?
    Yes, that would be great thank you.

Hopefully this can help. I took all of these pictures when troubleshooting my first build.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...roubleshooting
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Hopefully this can help. I took all of these pictures when troubleshooting my first build.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...roubleshooting
    That is definitely helpful. Thank you. But I think I'm going to go with the single led module. With the MR board I'm getting it's just too iffy finding the right power supply that would also power the leds correctly AND not fry the board. Each of those diodes needs about 3.5v to power up right. And the board will sizzle with a powersupply more than 6v. I'm afraid they diodes will be underpowered if I go with the tri-rebel AND the MR board. :/ And I'm really not looking to spend too much on this. So a PC board is kinda not an option.

Completely understandable. Makes the wiring much simpler, too. Are you sure you couldn't just wire the LEDs in parallel off of 3.7 volts? Then you'd have 3.7v going to each of the LEDs and 3.7 for the board. Your battery would drain faster, but still with a single 3.7v 2600ma 18650 you'd still get like an hour of runtime off of it. I did this for my wife's saber, though it is only running a single white rebel (off of a GGW) and a NB. 3.7v is plenty for rebel LEDs

Completely understandable. Makes the wiring much simpler, too. Are you sure you couldn't just wire the LEDs in parallel off of 3.7 volts? Then you'd have 3.7v going to each of the LEDs and 3.7 for the board. Your battery would drain faster, but still with a single 3.7v 2600ma 18650 you'd still get like an hour of runtime off of it. I did this for my wife's saber, though it is only running a single white rebel (off of a GGW) and a NB. 3.7v is plenty for rebel LEDs
    He'll be better off the way he is. Thanks for your assistance.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yeah I've decided to keep it simple. Thanks.

Always a good idea!