Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brightest led you can get on here?? Voltage??

All sound advice for a newcomer to the hobby. Something else to keep in mind as well is your blade. The brightest LED and best focusing optics will look terrible with an improper blade. You want a good balance between diffusion and even illumination of your blade.
    Follow Your Bliss

And how did you wire that up? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    I was the same way with my first saber. Had a GGW Tri-rebel running two greens in series at 1000ma...had to admit I was impressed. Could not look at the bottom 1/4 of the blade. It was a little painful, but very bright. Have since swapped it out into another saber just running the white and replaces it with a WWW Tri-rebel. Also crazy bright. I would imagine the BBW would be equally awesome. I can post pictures if you'd like, compared to a blue MR Obi saber.
    And how did you wire that up?? o.o battery?

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyedkid View Post
    And how did you wire that up?? o.o battery?
    He used a PC with a standard 7.4V battery pack. I've tried to point you in that general direction, but you've been "resistant" - to say the least, so there you are. Good Luck.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Think I'm going to simplify this even more. Stay tuned for another parts list.

Love it if you told me how you wired it exactly. Your ggw. This will be my first wiring project and I'm not sure what wiring in parallel is. Even though I know i have to wire the two blues in parallel. xP I'll be using a master replicas soundboard too.
    Last edited by darkeyedkid; 07-28-2013 at 02:43 AM.

I hope this may help you understand about the difference between wiring in serial and in parallel;

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_5/1.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2EuYqj_0Uk

In the video they are using lightbulbs but the basic wiring principle would also apply to LEDs, speakers or other electronic equipment

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyedkid View Post
    Love it if you told me how you wired it exactly. Your ggw. This will be my first wiring project and I'm not sure what wiring in parallel is. Even though I know i have to wire the two blues in parallel. xP I'll be using a master replicas soundboard too.
    Let me see if I can dig up the wiring scheme. I used a 14650 7.4V battery pack and a PC 2.0. I did wire the GG up in serial. Here's a link to the thread, but it doesn't really have much in the way of technical details/pics.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d-Needs-a-name

If you read around a bit you'll find the basics for wiring any saber. Reading through the PC or NB manuals (you can download them for free) helps a lot too. If you're wiring off an MR card though...well, that will be a bit beyond my experience, so you'll have to ask around. I also recommend some basic electronics research. I bought the idiot's guide to it and that was a really big help for just wrapping my head around the concepts. Let me see what I can dig up for you tomorrow from my build...I did take pictures of the insides.
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    Let me see if I can dig up the wiring scheme. I used a 14650 7.4V battery pack and a PC 2.0. I did wire the GG up in serial. Here's a link to the thread, but it doesn't really have much in the way of technical details/pics.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d-Needs-a-name

If you read around a bit you'll find the basics for wiring any saber. Reading through the PC or NB manuals (you can download them for free) helps a lot too. If you're wiring off an MR card though...well, that will be a bit beyond my experience, so you'll have to ask around. I also recommend some basic electronics research. I bought the idiot's guide to it and that was a really big help for just wrapping my head around the concepts. Let me see what I can dig up for you tomorrow from my build...I did take pictures of the insides.
    I'd really appreciate that, thank you.

I have pictures of the build innards, but not an actual diagram. I just used the ones that came with the PC. Would you like me to post links to the pics?
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)