Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Parts list for Luxeon tri-rebel saber.. halp. :0

It definitely makes me think. I've made up my mind on the switch issue... just one a/v. I've definitely been trying to read a lot, haha.
    So I believe my plan is:

luxeon tri-rebel bbw saber with MR soundboard and blue a/v switch. All fitting into here. I believe I can do this.
    SaberBuilder_render.jpg

I haven't been able to find a guide to actually deal with a tri-rebel and a/v switch though. :/ If someone were to point me toward one I'd be set. I am great with visual diagrams.

But anywoot. New list! I'll just edit this one from now on rather than making new ones. -_-'

Electronics
    -Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star (Blue/Blue/White)
    -Star thermal tape pad
    -Luxeon 18deg Tri-Rebel Star Lens
    -1ohm 2w resistor (at least 2 of 'em)
    -16mm Anti Vandal Latching Blue Ring Switch
    -20mA DynaOhm™ Variable Resistor
    -28-26 g wire + shrink wrap
    -Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery + charger
    -MR soundboard

blade + hilt
    -LED "TCSS style" Battle blade 1" OD (32 inches)
    -8" Double female threaded connector (for main body)
    -MHS Extension Blank Style 3
    -Screw on LED blade holder style 20
    -MHS "new style" Heat Sink V2
    -8-32 x .3" Gold thumb screw
    -MPS Pommel style 4 + insert
    -Bezel for illuminated switches
    -Milled cutouts for grip style 2 (6)
    ~Location of cutouts?: On the 8" Double female threaded connector. They way these cutouts look in the picture displaying the service are perfect. Go ahead and make them on that same location. At one end, but leaving a little space toward the bottom of the hilt.
    -Machine AV switch hole
    ~location: Top of 8" Double female threaded connector. So it lines up with the top of the blade holder style 20. And the same length up the hilt as would be the standard switch hole on a regular main body..

Lookin' better?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by darkeyedkid; 07-26-2013 at 03:08 PM.

What do you mean by cleaner? I will have an MHS Extension Blank Style 3 between the main body and blade holder. Will that make a difference?
    SaberBuilder_render.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyedkid View Post
    What do you mean by cleaner? I will have an MHS Extension Blank Style 3 between the main body and blade holder. Will that make a difference?
    SaberBuilder_render.jpg
    Nope, it makes no difference in alignment during assembly. The point of having Tim drill the hole is so it ends up where you want. The main body with pre drilled hole come off a shelf and into a box, it's anyone's guess where the hole will actually end up on your build. The price is nearly identical to buy the blank 7" extension and to specify you want the hole aligned with the top of the blade holder, or bottom, or 30 degrees off center, wherever you want it. If you had used any generic round looking blade holder it wouldn't be an issue because the switch would always be on top, ya know?

Thinking of going with the sink tube and 1.5 adapter. instead of the main body. I know I won't be able to do milled cutouts, but I'll live. And I can do the a/v switch hole myself.