Thread: I am baaaaack!!!!

Cool I am baaaaack!!!!

Hello saber world! This is Darth Vane. My old account was having some problems so I was forced to make a new account. I would have used the name "LordVane216" Seeing as that is the name of my youtube account. But someone on the form is already using the name Lord Vane And I didn't There to be any confusion. So I have adopted the name LordAvarice216. I have recently been rebuilding my saber for the recently ran into a couple of snags. The first being the 7.4V 2600mah battery pack did not fit in the hilt. the second problem being I could not get the MWS petit crouton to fit in the chassis discs. Not to mention I also had to replace the battery, Anti vandal switch, The resistor for said switch, and no I am replacing the LED for the third time as I forgot to buy a resistor for it. I have been using a resistor calculator to calculate what resistor I would need for a seoul P4 red. And it says i would need a 5.6 ohm 5 watt rezistor. But the shop only carries a 5.6 ohm 10wat rezistor. So i gotta go to Radio Shack to see if I can find the correct one. Unless the one Tim stocks will work. Anyway I will be posting pictures of it when is complete along with a YouTube video. I just need to replace the LED and get a good sound font. I am probably either going to go with revenge or black star!. Also I'm having a bit of trouble getting the sensitivity where I want it. I want it to be able to detect every swing. Can anyone recommend a good parameter that is that sensitive? Greatly appreciate it if you're able to let me know. Look forward to hearing from you all soon!!!

Paragraphs are your friend.

That being said, the 10 watt resistor will work just fine. You can always use a higher wattage resistor than is recommended. The higher value ones just take up more room.

Try putting the PC towards the pommel of the saber, with the SD card facing the rear. If the PC is in the center of the hilt, you won't get good swing recognition regardless of the settings.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

HA! Thanks for the tip that worked wonders! Also thanks for letting me know about the resistor.

Welcome back to the Forums!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com