How's it going everyone?
This is my first post for my first saber. I came across this site last year while I was deployed and I've been reading ever since but I finally took the plunge and signed up the other day. So here's the deal, I'm building this first saber as a test saber. I'm in the military and I'm getting married. One of the old traditions is a saber arch that the newlyweds walk through after the ceremony, well the place I'm getting married won't allow me to bring my actual saber with me. I joked with my fiance that we could do a Lightsaber arch instead; she gave me that "Are you serious" look (the one I'm sure we've all gotten at some point in our lives). That didn't stop me and I kept rolling the idea around in my head when I decided that there is no better groomsmen gift then a custom lightsaber. At first I thought of ordering some pre-made ones but that's no fun; why not see if I could build my own and personalize each one to my buddies.
This first one is pretty basic but I'd appreciate all the help you can offer. I'm really looking forward to this new hobby and joining this community.

Here's my parts list: (Let me know if I've royally screwed anything up)
-Hilt 2 w/ guarded switch hole
-Choke 3
-Blade Holder 17 w/ heat sink 2, thumb retention screw 8-32
-Pommel 8, w/ C Clip and insert #4
-4xAA Battery Holder
-Lux Rebel Cyan, some thermal tape, 8.7 lens and holder
-36" TCSS 1" Battle Blade
-SPST Guarded Latching Switch w/ silver button
-2.2ohm 5W resistor
-24 gauge wire and some heat shrink
-The tools- 8-32 drill/tap, the tap handle, a little bit of grease
and a partridge in a pear tree

Thanks for reading and for the help I'm sure you can offer.
Flying Fox