Thread: Hello Hello

Default Hello Hello

I'm Jeremy, and I'm extremely new to saber building, having only been introduced to DIY a few days ago, but I can already see myself devoting a lot of time to it. For my first build I am following LDM's basic build guide, for the most part. Since I have a little experience with metal working I decided to add a few things (a choke, some claws the friend who introduced me to the hobby is willing to part with, and plan on adding some minor fluting to the blade holder to match the hilt I chose a bit better as well as painting). I would like to add a lighted switch and sound at some point, but that's all for later after I've learned more about the electronic side of things.

That's it, no newbie questions, simply wanted to introduce myself and share my plan so that I'm not a completely unknown entity if I run into a problem I can't find a solution to somewhere else here.

Welcome to the Forums. Make sure you spend a lot of time reading up on things. That should keep you busy for months.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Welcome. You will not go wrong following LDM's guide or the MANY useful tutorials on these forums and FJK is right there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of DIY saber building on these forums and even though the sheer volume of information can seem daunting at first it will soon begin to fall together and the more you read the faster your progress will be. Check out the MHS builder and play around with designs and soon you'll be ready to "take your first step into a larger world" lol. Good Luck and MTFBWY.

Quote Originally Posted by wer11 View Post
    hello,this is jacky from NYC,i think this forum is very useful if you read deeply into it,that's why i am here.
    Welcome aboard and you are quite correct the more deeply you read the more useful you will find this forum and the more quickly you will progress in this hobby. The list FKJ posted is a great start but don't stop there, keep reading deeper and you may find most questions you think of have already been answered somewhere. And any others you may think of will be better informed questions. Most of us here do like well informed questions and are happy to answer them if we can. Good luck and MTFBWY.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That last one, that you quoted, was a SPAMbot, Onli.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Argh I noticed the other spambot last night but missed that was one too...insomnia makes me stupid, sorry.