Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [W.I.P] MHS Concept/Design, Nameless saber.

Default [W.I.P] MHS Concept/Design, Nameless saber.

[list]This is going to be my first saber build. I am really excited for this project.

I am inspired from Mara Jade's Hilt. I like the complex simplicity of the hilt. Yet I want this saber to be its own with out everyone thinking its MJ's saber. There is not really a story or name behind this saber. Just that it belongs to a Jedi who has lost their way in the force. This Jedi feel the Jedi Order has become something their are not and that the Sith Order may be able to offer this Jedi more.

Update

Well guys my old paint job wasn't up to par with what I wanted. I stripped the old paint off using Aircraft Remover from Rustoleoum (stuff is wonderful) I then prepped by washing the parts with detergent and let it air dry. after that I sanded with 220 grit sandpaper to give the metal some texture for primer to have extra grip to hold to. Then washed again with 50% white distilled vinegar and 50% water, let air dry. Shot with a coat of Self etching primer, then 2 coats of the different colors I needed. The paint will still come off is scratched (thinking of baking it on) The paint was a fun experience, but i am totally having it powder coated on future projects lol. Scroll down to see pics.

Still More to come here is a render of the finished hilt (using gold miners rubber matting for that grip up top.

Part List (* = have the item)

• [li]MHS blade holder style 15*[/li]
      [li]MHS 3" Fluted double female threaded connector*[/li]
      [li]MPS Pommel style 3 v1*[/li]
      [li]MHS 4" Double Female Grooved without holes*[/li]
      [li]MHS Double ended male threaded connector style 1*[/li]
      [li]MPS Clip[/li]
      [li]MPS insert style 13[/li]
      [li]2W Bass Speaker[/li]
      [li]Nano Biscotte Sound Module V1[/li]
      [li]16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Yellow Dot Switch[/li]
      [li]Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module[/li]
      [li]Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module (amber) or Seoul P4 LED & MHS Heatsink Module White (with Color Discs from TCSS)[/li]
      [li]2.1mm Power Jack[/li]

Here are some Base "naked" saber pics. I will be posting pics as the build progresses. Stay tuned everyone. ;D

The Parts!!!

Here is the hilt in basic assembly.

In hand for size visual

Progress pics.

Style is Finished with the Grip. I really dont think the grip translated to reality well. But Hey its my first saber, I dont think I did to bad.

Last edited by LordBane26; 08-17-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Bump to let you know its started!!!!!

Updated with Paint!!!!

No protection yet I am going to be using something called 3M paint defender. Kinda acts as a spray on spray on invisible -shield. Will be posting pics of that process soon.

Also waiting on miners gold matting for user grip.

Nice work on the paint!! I've said it before and I'll say it again....you just can't go wrong with black and gold.
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Well guys I am at a stand Still. I am broke at the moment and an rethinking on how to make my paint jobs durable.

I am going to give you some updates tho.

First off here is a picture of the emitter.

As you can see I have stripped the paint off. You can see two black lines, there is a reason. I am going to acid etch between those lines a groove. The reason why is because I ordered Gold Miners Rubber Matting for the grip (see pic below) but the Rubber matting is to thick (as you can see). This way i will have a good surface and no major protrusion from the matting.

Here is the grip Section I am talking about.

Stay tuned I hope you all like my saber when its complete lol

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

This looks like an awesome build! This one will bring you much joy, no doubt! The paint job is great, great concept. Good job! Keep it up!

Well Guys I have the Saber Finished (without the electronics, that will be a bit later).

I dont think its bad for a first attempt at saber building. Althought I an not sure if the grip section on the BH really translated well to reality, from concept. But hey thats the beauty of making a saber. Plus its all learning and getting better from here.