Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T.V.Alpha, The first custom Saber by GFJedi

Very nice. Makes me want to continue even more. Love the hilt design.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

I just had to come back to this saber because it is so damn nice. Just thought you ought to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance Jedi View Post
    I just had to come back to this saber because it is so damn nice. Just thought you ought to know.
    Thanks. Not sure if I should bother to update first post or not. I swapped out the d-ring insert for the recharge port insert, and installed a 2nd dummy port in it with the posts clipped off. It makes keeping track of the kill-key so much easier. I also finally settled on Madcow's Jaina SOTJ as this sabers official "sound" package.

I am in the designing phase of my 2nd custom saber, which is going to be a CF5 build, all the bells and whistles that board can handle. Still not sure I can do a crystal chamber yet since I dont have access to my own machine shop, but will likely have pommel lighting or a faux crystal chamber. That one is going to be a GG with Cw FoC. I'm thinking about having a custom 3D modeled shroud setup printed by shapeways or some other reputable 3D printing company.

Very nice saber for a first build, congratulations.
    Well I can't say that I don't like this design and you know why? Because my last build is very similar -not to say identical- to this one.
    I build it last year so it seems you used some kind of Jedi mind trick on me!
    Mine has the following characteristics:

CF 5.1
    LedEngin RGGB with GG in parallel for main blade and RB is series for FoC
    18500 7.4V Li-ion Battery pack
    2W speaker
    7 segments display bargraph
    PVC Chassis
    Light weathering

Video:

You can have a look at the build log here:
    http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/Ga...%205_1%20saber
    It used to be ice blue (B+W for main) but I changed to green after I took the pictures and video.

Let me know what you think of your twin saber!
    Last edited by recif77; 08-14-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Gawd she's purdy. That high polished grip must be a pain to keep clean! I have a brass covertec for mine as well but really didn't care for how obtrusive it felt on the grip being oversized already and having all those button head screws adding to it. Ill use it on my next build hopefully. Thanks for sharing!

Huge props for your first. Well done.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

George, my man! Welcome to our world! This saber is fantastic dude! I would love to be able to call this my first build! You should be very, very proud of your apparent skill! And the great thing is, they only get better from here! This is a beautiful piece of work, and you should be very proud of your achievement!