Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foam Sheet Mask

Default Foam Sheet Mask

I just got this mask from an amusement park. It was over priced as usual, but it gave me the idea of making a mask out of foam. It was made of the sheet foam for kids and Valentine cards. You could buy a sheet for a couple cents.
    31PZmYsfVHL.jpg
    Lord Joong Yin
    Master of the shadows, the light, and everything else in between (and Vaapad)

Chon (Lightsaber 1)
    Heaven

Ji (Lightsaber 2)
    Earth

Interesting idea. The suff might be a little fragile though and I'm not sure you can make a compound curve with the flat sheets. The picture you have was cast in a mold. Do you have any preliminary sketches of the mask you had in mind? If you want to see some interesting mask made for real armor, google images "mempo" (faceplate for Samurai armor). Depending on your tools available, there are other materials you can try like Leather, steel and plastic.

For laughs, I'd paint that shark mask all black except for the teeth and eyes, and put a black screen to cover the open mouth (to keep the wearer's face hidden).

I'd call him Darth Shark.

I actually lol'd on that one Yoshi- Taka. That was pretty funny

first thing I thought of when I saw this was the CIS commander in the Clone Wars show
    http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...Tamson-SWE.png

"You must trust that the components that form your lightsaber are meant to be together. There is no other way. It is the Force that binds them." = Professor Huyang

people use foam ALL THE TIME for custom masks (Halo, Iron Man, etc..etc)

they also use paper too..

what you need is a pepkura file that was/is unfolded for FOAM (or paper) if that is what you want..

then usually is it lines with resin fiberglass and bondo and sanded/formed to the desired shape

www.therpf.com has MANY tutorials and threads on it..

lots of great work too!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    For laughs, I'd paint that shark mask all black except for the teeth and eyes, and put a black screen to cover the open mouth (to keep the wearer's face hidden).

I'd call him Darth Shark.
    You might be onto something...
    Lord Joong Yin

Chon (Lightsaber 1)
    Heaven

Ji (Lightsaber 2)
    Earth

Quote Originally Posted by JoongYin View Post
    You might be onto something...
    Please do Darth Shark. Make Darth Shark a thing. It needs to happen.

The only thing is that I don't know how to put the screen thing in. I have the material, but not the knowledge. One day... (Or tomorrow.)
    Lord Joong Yin

Chon (Lightsaber 1)
    Heaven

Ji (Lightsaber 2)
    Earth

Sew it in, maybe? Only thing I can suggest.