Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MedicineMan's Jedi Uniform

Default MedicineMan's Jedi Uniform

In order to join the Dantooine Base of the Rebel Legion, I have started to work on my Jedi uniform. This is following padawan's guide as well as WilliQueen's guide on the robes. I am using the base pattern of Simplicity 7438

I present to you the Bed Sheet Jedi:

What is left are some minor modifications to the bed sheet robe prototype, before buying the actual material. I'm trying to find the best wool available that is as movie acurate without the weight of full-on wool.

Once completed, I'll post pics of the finished robe.

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

I'd say you have a new trend in Jedi fashion there! All kidding aside though the pattern looks great and I'm certain your final robe will look just as good when it's finished. Looking forward to seeing your results.
    Follow Your Bliss

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Good mock up and a much cheaper way to go to get it right. It's looking good so far, dude! Take a look at suit weight wools....

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Bed Sheet Jedi... LMAO... that's priceless man!

But an awesome start to hopefully an epic jedi robe!
    LOCKHEED

A Jedi's simple woolen robe is a symbol of his poverty, of his eschewing material wealth and comfort in favor of his connection to the Force and servitude to beings throughout the galaxy.

This just means that you're a super-impoverished Jedi, and therefore must be of a level of bad-assedness that puts Yoda, Mace, and the whiney Chosen-One all to shame!! =D
    Boring conversation anyway...

I would like to request a link to the guide if you don't mind. That would be something very cool to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoCartman View Post
    A Jedi's simple woolen robe is a symbol of his poverty, of his eschewing material wealth and comfort in favor of his connection to the Force and servitude to beings throughout the galaxy.

This just means that you're a super-impoverished Jedi, and therefore must be of a level of bad-assedness that puts Yoda, Mace, and the whiney Chosen-One all to shame!! =D
    LOL! Well thank you, Tux. and Evil, I am using http://www.padawansguide.com and http://www.rebellegion.com/jedigarb/robe.html for references.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the links. Good luck on your path to epic Jedi-dom!

After looking at the swatches i got from B Black & Sons. I'm going to go with their Dark Brown Flannel Wool.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    After looking at the swatches i got from B Black & Sons. I'm going to go with their Dark Brown Flannel Wool.
    Go with cotton, not wool. Unless you're wearing this exclusively in winter climates. Otherwise you will overheat.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.