Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guys What in the world happened?

Default Guys What in the world happened?

I was part of this forum years ago (as LordBane21, lost that email address info. Now back as Lord Bane26). I have been gone and missed it very much. I recent graduated college and now work in HVAC/R, so i finally have some money. My wife (whom I have converted to Star Wars) supports my love and hobby of SW and Saber building. but enough of that.

I just want to as what happened? I remember this place was booming with discussion of games, movies, EU, Cosplay and Most of all saber building. Now it seem like a ghost town. I see post far and few in between, and not much enthusiasm anymore. There are threads that dont have post in them since like 2yrs ago (gallery, show your saber, show your costume, post collections, and post your design etc....) I miss everything this site used to be, to people posting new ideas on what to add to the MHS parts, having fun talking about SW. I highly doubt Tim wanted this site to well die.

I am going to try and keep myself alive here and post new stuff and start Good conversational topics, as well as Promote this place.

So i say to you, what happened? How do you feel with the state of the site? Do you want to see it Booming Again? Cause I sure do!

This site is more geared toward the new people to the hobby. Most are also members of FX-Sabers and probably the IRA, and spend their time there. Several of the very experienced people (and who are members) also spend their time at JudgeSaberSmith.

The community at large has changed a lot since last time you were active. There are several reasons for why things are the way they are these days, and I'm not going to get into all of it. It is what it is.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by LordBane26 View Post
    It's a private forum, that's why I said "who are members".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

that sucks i would love to see their work.

that sucks i would love to see their work.
    It's an "invitation only" forum. The overwhelming majority of what is done there does get shown here, on FX and IRA and is used and enjoyed by people on all the forums - it's just not commonly known that some of what is seen originated there, that's all.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I was part of this forum years ago (as LordBane21, lost that email address info. Now back as Lord Bane26). I have been gone and missed it very much. I recent graduated college and now work in HVAC/R, so i finally have some money. My wife (whom I have converted to Star Wars) supports my love and hobby of SW and Saber building. but enough of that.

I just want to as what happened? I remember this place was booming with discussion of games, movies, EU, Cosplay and Most of all saber building. Now it seem like a ghost town. I see post far and few in between, and not much enthusiasm anymore. There are threads that dont have post in them since like 2yrs ago (gallery, show your saber, show your costume, post collections, and post your design etc....) I miss everything this site used to be, to people posting new ideas on what to add to the MHS parts, having fun talking about SW. I highly doubt Tim wanted this site to well die.

I am going to try and keep myself alive here and post new stuff and start Good conversational topics, as well as Promote this place.

So i say to you, what happened? How do you feel with the state of the site? Do you want to see it Booming Again? Cause I sure do!
    This site has changed but what doesn't? I like your attitude. It is good to see some enthusiasm. There are others like you out here. We bounce around the forums and try to avoid the politics. Some regrettable things have happened to our saber community but we still have more possibilities open to us than ever before for saber building. This forum has become more of a noob help area. That's not bad but what the store needs. I sometimes post ideas here but my concepts are typically more complicated than what the first timers here want to think about. So like me most spend more time on other saber forums.

Back to building

what are some other good sites that i can check stuff out? and what is IRA? i google and found taxes...

what are some other good sites that i can check stuff out? and what is IRA? i google and found taxes...
    I would start at FX-Sabers and look around there. That should keep you busy for quite a while. You'll probably stumble across IRA links there.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Welcome back!

IRA in the saberbuilding world stands for Imperial Royal Arms. That should help you navigate to the correct location via Google.

This site is still well and active, but the primary focus of late has been helping those new to our hobby with the building of their first few sabers. I believe I spend far more time checking parts lists and wiring diagrams than I do working in my own shop.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!