Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Powder coated parts and shrouds

True. In this case, I think I can work around my error and hide the scratches. Admittedly, my first attempt at shrouding. On the plus side, I know what to consider and how to plan in the future when I use shrouds again.

Yes, if you split the sinktube lengthwise, it usually opens up a bit on its own. Should be plenty to allow it to slide over the saber without further scratching the PC.

On a positive note, you've got a great start on a weathered saber now! You can give it that well-used appearance.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

lol, yes that came to mind as well. I'll have to do that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    True. In this case, I think I can work around my error and hide the scratches. Admittedly, my first attempt at shrouding. On the plus side, I know what to consider and how to plan in the future when I use shrouds again.
    Trust me we've ALL had to 'get creative' to hide scratches [and even worse mistakes]...and maybe even some of those really cool heavily weathered sabers by 'big name sabersmiths' weren't intended to be quite so weathered when they started on them eh?

'Getting creative' with 'workarounds' for our learning-curve mistakes is all part of learning the 'art' of this hobby. Sometimes the things I've been forced to do to correct mistakes actually became very cool 'features' that I always intended to do...at least that's my story and I'm stickin to it eh?

Oh, I know. I've flubbed up plenty of things in the two years I've been doing this (literally at least one mistake/problem per saber). This is just another thing to add to the list, lol. But that's the wonderful part about this hobby: versatility.

Oh dear! Yoshi's working on a new saber. I'd better get my drool bucket ready for when he posts it.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Haha. I swear, if I were to put quotes in my signature, they'd all be from you.

That's what I'm here for, buddy. What I lack in saber building experience I make up for in comedic timing.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.