Thread: BuckPuck Accent LED Wiring Diagram

Default BuckPuck Accent LED Wiring Diagram

Hello!

I needed some advice on my wiring set up for a stunt lightsaber (no sound) that has a 4aa battery pack, a blue ring illuminated latching switch, and a blue seoul p4. I'm wanting to add in the red accent led from TCSS store (AccLED2) to the activation box style 10 that I have currently with this set up but I'm not exactly sure how to wire it all together. I've never wired in an accent led before and I've looked around and can't find a diagram showing how to wire one in. So I've attempted the correct set up in the attached picture I've put together. Will this work? Are my resistors placed correctly? I'm trying to get more advanced with my lightsaber wiring. Any help would be awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The diagram looks ok, but all the accent is going to do is duplicate what the switch is doing. I assume you remove your batteries when not in use so why not wire the red accent to be a power indicator, rather than an ignition accent? The power draw from those tiny accents is pretty insignificant short term, and could serve as a reminder you left the batteries in if you forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Studabeg View Post
    Hello!

I needed some advice on my wiring set up for a stunt lightsaber (no sound) that has a 4aa battery pack, a blue ring illuminated latching switch, and a blue seoul p4. I'm wanting to add in the red accent led from TCSS store (AccLED2) to the activation box style 10 that I have currently with this set up but I'm not exactly sure how to wire it all together. I've never wired in an accent led before and I've looked around and can't find a diagram showing how to wire one in. So I've attempted the correct set up in the attached picture I've put together. Will this work? Are my resistors placed correctly? I'm trying to get more advanced with my lightsaber wiring. Any help would be awesome!
    Studabeg, I'm working on almost the exact same setup for my Saber and found your post in doing the research. Did this layout work? Like I said, my plan is a mirror except resistor values are different bc I have a 7.2V battery pack, Green accent LED and White P4 Main LED. If this worked well for you please let me know. Also, I only have one prior experience in soldering from college.....in order to join two positive leads together, can you just solder it or do you need a connector of some sort? I plan to look around on Youtube for help with the soldering THanks!