Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian Jedi?

Default Mandalorian Jedi?

ok was there ever a Jedi who adorned the Mandalorian armor?? I was thinking it would be pretty cool to see a Mandalorian Jedi holstering 2 Sabers.

We have done this already. No the Mandolorians did not do Jedi. The Jedi were the direct enemy of the Mandolorians.

Does a Mandolorian look cool with a lightsaber sure, but ya ain't going to get a Mandolorian Jedi. To much has already been played out for that to be the case.

Wouldn't this maybe be a better discussion in Misc?
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

No there were never Jedi with mandalorian armor. Now you could do a Jedi from the Clone Wars cartoon series. They wore pieces of clone trooper armor. I think that looked pretty cool. They looked pretty tough. I have seen a few costumes done like that, and it looks good. They still retain that Jediness (you like that new word I just created) with the robes, but they add the tough look of armor.

I am with James though that this might fit better in the Misc. category. The costuming section was more for the build up of actual costumes. That way it doesn't get clogged up with a ton of dead threads. I'm not getting on your case. I just thought it might get more discussion going in Misc. than here.

actually there is a record of a mandalorian jedi. It's not born yet but it is mentioned in the Republic Commando tiple zero book. One of the clone commandos knocks up his jedi general and she ends up giving birth to the kid.

Even if that is the case it doesn't tell us if the child follows the way of the Jedi. Just because one is born to a jedi does not make one a jedi.

even so the child has the jedi and the mandalorian blood in it. So it kind of makes it a mandalorian jedi in a way.

In the Republic Commando series, by Karen Traviss, there was a Jedi that wore Mandolarian Armor on the latter missions in the book Triple Zero. He was the Jedi in charge of some the Commando/Special Forces units during the Clone Wars. He was not a main line Jedi character and I can't recall his name off the top of my head, nor can I look it up because I sent the books to my son in Afghanistan.

Generally speaking the Mandalorians hate the Jedi, they sided with the Sith during the Stark Hyperspace Wars if memory serves me. During the Clone Wars the lines began to blur a bit. So it is a stretch but there IS a Jedi that wore the Armor.
    Blue Two

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    "If so powerful you are, why leave?"
    Master Yoda

Visit the Carolina Saber Academy

Found him. Bardan Jusik. You can read about him here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bardan_Jusik
    Blue Two

Master Yoda

Well, I reckon I will stand down. I admit this really seems off but hey, isn't that why we all complain about continuity in Star Wars anyway?
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Quote Originally Posted by james3
    Well, I reckon I will stand down. I admit this really seems off but hey, isn't that why we all complain about continuity in Star Wars anyway?
    James, if I hadn't recently finished the Republic Commando series I wouldn't have remembered that character. The books are EU so the character isn't canon by any means. I think that Lucas still considers the Mandolorians as mortal enemies of the Jedi.
    Blue Two

Master Yoda