Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Very first custom saber!

Force Aware

Can anyone please give me some tips on drilling and tapping blade retention screws? I have the blade holder and my 1.25" sink tube secured but I can't seem to figure put a good way to get through the holder effectively for a retention screw.

Force Aware

Consider it finished! Seeing as I decided to not outfit this saber with electronics and built it ideally for dueling, I suppose it only makes sense to call it my first stunt saber. It's not the greatest, but I'm still very happy to have gotten into the hobby and can't wait to use it! >

Here are my final pics!
    IMAG0627.jpg
    IMAG0633-1.jpg
    IMAG0628.jpg
    IMAG0631.jpg

p.s. I apologize for the quality of my phone's camera :P>

Force Aware

Hey guys, just thought I'd provide a small update on how the saber has held up!

So far everything has held up! I originally did think that the electrical tape would start to get sticky/fall off, but it has prevailed many battles thus far. The paint wore more, but I already knew that would happen. In my honest opinion, it looks cool that way. I used a loctite plastic epoxy for my tip and so far I haven't lost it yet! Prior to building it, I read that someone drilled small holes into there blades to release pressure, so I drill two small holes near the top and bottom of my blade. I've even hit my tip directly into the asphalt at times, and it still shows no signs of detaching. I managed to reel most of the balance of the saber back to the emitter by stuffing the hilt with various small weights and an old t-shirt, since I didn't install any electronics in this one.

For anyone who didn't want to read all of that, I can sum it up. Everything has held together fine and I couldn't be happier smashing it into friends (whom I've also gotten to make some electronic-less stunts of their own).