Thread: RGB and 2010 Hasbro Economy Board

Default RGB and 2010 Hasbro Economy Board

Hey guys. I have two 2010 hasbro economy boards (Anakin and Obi Wan) and I'm looking to put them to good use. I have a stunt RGB saber already and am looking to use one of these soundboards. I've been reading for some time now, especially this thread (actually read every page) http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ht=2010+hasbro . The saber I have now is from a site that I believe has been banned to talk about on here but I still want to use it because it's all I have. At the moment it has 3 guarded switches on it and one kill switch. My goal is to replace the guarded switches for AV switches. I'm wanting to use 7.2V battery pack and this is what I've come up with.

From the info I've gathered from reading and asking a few questions is that I can use three AV switches I just need to wire them in parallel and use the appropriate resistor (220ohm 1/4 watt for green and blue and 270ohm 1/4watt for red).

Also since I was planning on using a 7.2V battery pack I need a 5V regulator so I don't fry the board and I know I'll need a TIP42 transistor.

Also I know that I'll need the appropriate resistors for my LED but I'm not sure which to use since I'm not sure what exactly I have on my hands. Maybe you guys could help identify (Pictures below).

I know there's a lot I'm throwing out here but one more thing. I'm not exactly sure how to wire each switch in parallel since there is obviously only one "spk+" and "spk-" on the board.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lights or sounds I doubt you can have both.
    That's a lot of extra hardware to stuff in a hilt are you sure you have enough room?
    I'm not sure about the wiring but the pieces alone seem like a lot. Anti-Vandal switches are pretty big (not just diameter but depth) and like you said you'd need 3 resistors for the LEDS in the switches and 1 for each die in the main LED (6 total), 5V regulator, transistor plus the soundcard itself, a speaker (which you missed) and a beefy battery pack.

I would skip the AV switches and let the color selectors be small, hidden or internal (dip switches) otherwise your hilt might look like a pocket stoplight.

That's a lot of extra hardware to stuff in a hilt are you sure you have enough room?
    I'm not 100% sure that I have enough room but the hilt I have now is pretty spacious; plus there's no way to really know unless I try.

Anti-Vandal switches are pretty big (not just diameter but depth)
    I'm not exactly sure on this; I don't have a ton of experience but based off of the dimensions this AV switch http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/16...itch-P616.aspx actually looks smaller than the guarded style ones I have on there now.

otherwise your hilt might look like a pocket stoplight.
    Haha, I got a good laugh out of that.