Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: costume resources

Default costume resources

I was wondering if people here had some good resources for costuming?
    I think it might help lots of us to be able to find costumes and accessories.
    before anyone does posts links I ask that Tim give his blessings on this...and if so remember the Light saber is Tim's livelihood and keep it to anything but light sabers. after all he gave us this space to use as a way for us to communicate our Ideas. so please respect it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well if you mean "resources" like buying then yeah that's a little out of the spirit of the board. Resources for making them... Sure.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Well I was thinking about this for a couple days now so with all due respect... I want to touch on something http://thecustomsa.web133.discountas...opic.php?t=285 these are not all homemade costumes... yeah I am trying to find a place that does custom tunics myself but I do plan on making my own accessories but I have no room where I live to get into large projects. making a saber, custom making a Jedi belt, ect, ect. these things I can do. I have no space to do much more though. so I need to find my tunics elsewhere.
    now I am not trying to take the spirit of the forums away. but I also thought that helping others was part of the spirit of most any forum.

No matter how I do this I sound like an @$$ but it's cool I am used to it.

Have you even looked at the Jedi Gear thread that I created? I go in to detail about the lady that did my COMPLETE costume.

I for one didn't post anything before because while I understand what you are trying to do, I disagree with it. I have found that by reading fourm topics that have to do with a specific issue I may have to sift through and read ALOT of post and in several cases a whole bunch of snitz, I also get GREAT info and knowledge from others experience. It is way to easy to just make a list of places to get costumes made or bought or props etc. but it is sterile just like a yahoo search. You don't find out that this guy is good or that group is a rip. I will always prefer to get some good input that a forum creates.

Again, I DON"T sew. Neither does my wife so we are left to having to pay for someone else to do it. If you need better pics then what I have already provided, then let me know and I will pm or emil you.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Information on the darth vader thread that you point out.

1) some items are purchased due to the fact that it is impossible to recreate some parts.

2) those items purchased normally require some level of assembly and or repainting to make them correct.

3) even if you buy a peice from one place and some parts from another you are still making the choices as to what your costumes looks like in the end.

The bottom line is what Xwing was saying is that the idea of this forum is the do as much of the work yourself as possible. Anyone can buy a completed costume and be set and if that is the path you choose then great for you. But the fun of costuming is buying, making and assembling your costume to your vision what ever that may be.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

ok I see not to put this thread to a head but it seems people can point out all the wonders of creating but not read the fact that I have NO ROOM!!! well if this is how one gets treated for asking for help under the circumstances I don't think I want to be part of it! later.

Maybe we are just missing your point. Maybe your missing our point. Who knows but aint everybody goingto all agree all the time. I posted before that I don't make my clothes. Check out the lady I use she is awesome but you cant come on to a props and costuming site ANYWHERE and just start asking for a crap load of links. Hell the whacky chick that runs the TFN costuming boards locks friggin topics and edits anyones posts that she dont like. I think Tim and xwing try to be really damn fair when it comes to what we do and post.

The problem is that Tim himself said just a few months ago, maybe you werent here yet, that he did NOT want topics made of just links to sites that didn't link to him.

In our discussions we post links and there is all kinds of stuff including friggin links that directly seel the same stuff as Tim and he tennds to be cool and let it go but asking to make a topic header with a bunch of links will probally be overstepping the line.

Again, check out the Jedi Gear thread.

Oh for crying out loud, If you want to buy a costume then go buy one, no one is trying to talk you out of it. Most of us do not have the resources to purchase completed costumes. I understand your lack of space problem, in fact my work area is the laundry room. But if there was a complete costume source that we knew of we would have shared it with you as it is most purchase things from many venders. It would help if you would have provided a idea as to what you are trying to do. Have you tried Ebay?
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

WOW!!!!

It's not often that you can get Master Do-Clo's feathers ruffeled. I do believe that this here is the point in which we need to do what we do best...

When in doubt grab the and the Dr Pepper cause we are going to take this topic for a ride baby!

HEEYYY Where are yooouuuuu???

We need to this one in to the ground

It's going down

If there's a problem with that then

This is the point in the conversation where I come in and with extreme verbosity set everything right.

YEAH RIGHT!

This thread is going down everyone bail out.