Thread: Nehar

Default Nehar

I built this one for my dad, I took the colors from an old hunting shotgun he has and roughly applied them to a hilt with just a very minor weathering.
    Specs:
    Rustoleum Hammered Bronze baked on
    Real leather in the grips. I will never do this again btw.
    Nano Biscotte running Lightmeat
    Rebel Cyan that's more minty green. Not my favorite but still a really cool color.
    Guarded Switch, I know what you all are going to say. I wanted a lighted switch but my pop's said no thanks.
    Standard Speaker

SWEET! Interesting combo, i would have expected darkmeat, or some other evil sound font to come out of it, but whatever makes its owner happy right?

Leather is glued on the hilt? If yes, then... it's done wrong

Try to stitch the leather on the hilt with curved needle, and then use steam to tighten it on the hilt. Looks much better

You can also use some bee wax, that real one, not synthetic- gives nice, hard surface (it is also known as medieval leather hardening and used to produce leather armour)

The wide sections of leather are stitched on under the shroud. But they still wouldn't stop moving around, so yes they are glued in a few spots. The really thin sections are glued on all the way around. Thanks for the tip on the bees wax, I doubt I'll try leather in such small sections again though.

If they're stitched and glued it's all okay

Nice saber. I really like that shade of cyan. Its different. Mint green would be a cool saber color if you could still see it. How bright is this certain cyan in person, camera, and video?
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Nice! I really like the color scheme on this one ... and that shroud!
    I'm also interested in that minty green cyan color. Do you know what bin # it is? From the pic at least it looks like it's somewhere between Bin 2-5 maybe?
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Assuming the info on the store is still up to date, it's a bin 2, I got the same one for my build and it also has a minty green color, but shows up a nice cyan color on my iphone camera.

Quote Originally Posted by GFJedi View Post
    Assuming the info on the store is still up to date, it's a bin 2, I got the same one for my build and it also has a minty green color, but shows up a nice cyan color on my iphone camera.
    Yeah i actually have a Rebel Cyan (Bin2) in one of my previous builds too, but some of the older Rebel models that used to be sold here had different bin numbers, so i'm curious about that since i'm looking to go for a Cyan on more of the green side for a future (much future) build. Anyway, didn't mean to hijack this thread
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

It's a bin 2. I have a bin 3 that's a touch more blue, but I liked this one better.