Thread: Serenity V3

Default Serenity V3

Glad to be Back! After a short retirement a good friend of mine recently asked me to build a saber for him. I thought well crap. Between a hand surgery that left me unable to even hold a pencil and other things in life getting in the way. I eventually agreed, but not until I got a few builds back under my belt after healing. We'll save that saber for later(much, much, later) this thread is for Serenity V3.

I have never done a weathered saber before and thanks to a miss hap on my part during painting, I thought what the heck why not. The hard part was trying to make the chrome look weathered. Threw it into the rocks, tried to make it look as though the paint and chrome were wearing off and flaking off. I don't know if I succeeded or not. What do you think?

I won't bore you with tons of blah blah stuff. After all this is the gallery right? Some quick specs for everyone though,

White Krylon baked on
    Nano Biscotte running Madcow's Fates font
    Royal Blue Rebel LED 8.7 lens
    Bass Speaker-Which I'm not too impressed with, Nehar has a standard speaker and you can't hear this one over it.
    3.7 Li-Ion Battery
    Lots and lots of Tim's chassis parts

Pics:

Very Cool, but with the hidden recharge port, do you have some sort of kill switch solution to save battery life?

Most of the time I just leave the back section off until my son and I start goofing off. Between that and the deep sleep mode on the NB I think I've charged it once in the last 2 months.

That white looks a little pristine compared to the other weathered sections. You might try getting a handful of soot (or dirt, or red clay) and rubbing it around the saber to dirty it up a bit.

The green weathered overlay immediately gave me the impression of Boba Fett. It just seems to clash a bit with the clean white areas. But I do like the design. Very nice.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Sorry to say, but that white powder coating gives it much of a plastic look. But the design and whole idea is really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    That white looks a little pristine compared to the other weathered sections. You might try getting a handful of soot (or dirt, or red clay) and rubbing it around the saber to dirty it up a bit.

The green weathered overlay immediately gave me the impression of Boba Fett. It just seems to clash a bit with the clean white areas. But I do like the design. Very nice.
    I promise you, the primer is gray. That hilt is terribly difficult to take pictures of with the white paint. There is a lot of small nicks and scratches in the paint, and the little bit of grime that's on there just does not show up in the pics. I tried a whole bunch of setting on my camera but nothing worked. I'm hoping more of it flakes off over time as I agree with you, it is a bit too weathered compared to the rest.
    Last edited by Er Dan Gill; 06-30-2013 at 08:44 AM.

If you say it looks good in person, I'll take your word for it. I only had the pictures to go off of.

Taking good saber pictures can be as difficult as building the saber sometimes. I'm *still* working on that part myself.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!